Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Current OU team

Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Current OU team Dpmfa282
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Current OU team Empty Current OU team

Post by Zenith Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:14 pm

copypasta from another site, LET'S DO THIS THING

The Team
    It requires no more explanation.

At A Glance
    Current OU team 260Current OU team 130Current OU team 212Current OU team 380Current OU team 462Current OU team 482
    Current OU team Team

Closer Look
    Current OU team Swampert
    Swampy! @ Leftovers ~ Impish
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Waterfall
    -Avalanche
    -Earthquake

I used to actually use a Metagross as my lead...it was fun, because I gave it a Shuca Berry and people would try to EQ it. BUT I have a problem with Exploding my leads so I decided to switch to one that can't Explode at all ever...I decided I liked Swampert a bit better than Mamoswine...I don't get Ice Shard, but OH WELL Water STAB isn't bad either.

It's job is to obviously set up Rocks (or, if I predict Taunt, severely injure their lead). Once I've got Rocks up, I'll typically leave in Swampy for as long as possible and just have him kill whatever he can. He's useful late-game too, for whatever reason. I'm considering giving him a more offensive-oriented EV spread, but this one should be fine for now.

Current OU team Gyarados
    Gyarados @ Leftovers ~ Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake

Stone Edge isn't there because it never feels like hitting for me. Ever. It only hits when they predict it, I've decided. SO I run Earthquake instead, which is just dandy for hitting Watery doods and Steels and all that.

Other than that, it's a standard DD set...Adamant to make up for the lack of power due to lack of Life Orb due to lack of healing factor.

I really don't know what else to possibly say about it, so stop reading...now!

Current OU team Scizor
    Scizor @ Liechi Berry ~ Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Superpower

Obligatory Bullet Punch Scizor.

Now you may be like, "Zenith. What is Liechi Berry doing there, UR DOIN IT RONG." I like running Liechi Berry on Scizorio. If I Superpower, and Liechi Berry activates shortly after, I got my attack back to normal! And if I haven't Superpowered, I get a free +1 boost to my Bullet Punch, and that's always sexilicious.

I run Swords Dance because I really, really like set-up sets. In fact, half of my Pokemon are set-up doods. It used to be worse when I ran multiple Calm Minders. Very Happy Or when I ran DDGatr and DDGyara on the same team...my opponent was like, "What the hell are you on."

X-Scissor is there to kill that them there Celebis. And 'Zams, but it's not like you see them ever anymore. And I think Bullet Punch could kill them anyway. It also does a good amount of damage to Latias...I think it 2HKOs?
    In fact, I think I could just X-Scissor and then Bullet Punch to take care of Latias.

Current OU team Latias
    Latias @ Leftovers ~ Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Calm Mind
    -Roost
    -Surf
    -Dragon Pulse

Yay, another set-up Pokemon! I'm actually not entirely sure why it runs Roost instead of Recover...did Latias just become able to learn Recover? Am I just crazy? Maybe I'll stop using Roost? I have no frickin' clue. Hell, they're pretty much the same, so I might as well not even bother...did I give it Roost instead for convenience? This is going to bug me all day, I swear...

Surf for Heatran who has the annoying tendency to wreck my teams and switch in on Pokemon I don't want it to switch in on, Dragon Pulse for sexy Dragon STAB. I used to run Grass Knot over Surf, but I had Heatran issues and that's why I don't use it anymore.

S'alright?

Current OU team Magnezone
    Magnezone @ Life Orb (might be Leftovers, actually XD) ~ Mild
    Ability: YEAH, I'M GONNA RUN STURDY. Magnet Pull.
    EVs: 88 HP / 88 Atk / 248 SpA / 84 Spe
    -Explosion (yay!)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power...I think it's Ice? I can't even remember .-.

Magnezone has become significantly less usable lately, but I still manage...goddamn U-turning Jirachis and Heatrans and Scizors. I mostly run it to explode on things at this point. Maybe kill a Gyarados here and there if it's banded or has Stone Edge instead of EQ. It also is a great switch-in on various things due to its great typing. Except for this one time where I switched it in on a Gengar BECAUSE I FAIL.

Explosion because it is my favorite move in the game, Thunderbolt for sexy /Electric/ STAB, Flash Cannon for (decidedly un-sexy) Steel STAB. I have no idea what Hidden Power it runs, dead serious. I think it's Ice, but I'm afraid to actually use it in case it turns out to be Grass. I'mma need to fight a Kecleon or something, but I'm pretty sure that it's Ice for Boltbeamin' goodness and the slaughter of Mences.

Current OU team Azelf
    Azelf @ Life Orb ~ Naive (iirc)
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe (or something like that)
    -Explosion (yay!)
    -Flamethrower
    -Psychic
    -Grass Knot

The new guy. Girl. Whatever. I decided I was horribly weak to MixApe and my sister recommended Zelfy here. I actually opted to not go for Nasty Plot for some bizarre reason that I don't actually know at this point, I'll probably drop Grass Knot for it or something, but then I would lose my best thing against opposing Swampies...hm...

Whatever, I figure I'll get ideas from you guys. Flamethrower kills Scizor and Forry dead, and I'm pretty sure that this Zelfy can take a Bullet Punch and then OHKO...well, I know it can obviously OHKO, just not sure on the living Bullet Punch though. I think it can. Maybe. Psychic for Psychic STAB (no wai!) and Grass Knot for aforementioned Swampies. Explosion because it's frickin' Explosion.

Also I posted over Ninja's teams so you should look at those too.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Current OU team Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Current OU team Empty Re: Current OU team

Post by Sasami Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Oddly enough, you have a bit of a Gyarados weakness. Another problematic Pokemon is Gengar, your only real method of dealing with it is Scizor's Bullet Punch.

I can think of an easy solution to deal with both issues. Scarf the Magnezone. I'm not just saying that because I love Choice Scarf, either! XD You'll now be able to easily revenge kill a Gyarados that managed to set-up. You'll also be able to revenge kill any Gengar that isn't scarfed itself as long as you change the spread on your 'Zone to have max (or rather, almost max) speed. You can actually switch in fairly easily, too. The most Gengar can do is Focus Blast and that shouldn't OHKO which means on turn two you can simply out-speed for the OHKO. If the Gengar is scarfed on Focus Blast, just switch to Gyarados or Latias.

Also, if Swampert is a problem (and, well, it is) and you'd rather replace Grass Knot on Azelf, change Magnezone's Hidden Power to Grass. Problem solved! Just run calcs to see if it OHKOs or 2HKOs because I'm honestly not sure. If you do that, run Nasty Plot on Azelf to make it a great late-game sweeper.

Oh, and yeah, Recover > Roost on Latias, lol.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:20 am