Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

+2
Ninja
Shine
6 posters

New UU Team

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

New UU Team Empty New UU Team

Post by Shine Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:57 pm

I got bored and decided to make a new UU team- Ryu helped some, offering his opinion of the first draft and suggesting ways to solve any big weaknesses. I was trying to experiment some with Pokemon I wouldn't normally use- namely, Entei and Regice. Here's the team so far:

New UU Team Dpmfa101
    Red Pill @Petaya Berry
    -Substitute
    -Thunderwave
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Thunderbolt
    Static, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Red Pill has been INVALUABLE for this team. It's probably because of his unmatched Spd, but Red has no problems raping a lot of things, and it makes for a great revenge killer. I've actually found myself, on multiple occasions, pulling this thing out with 3% HP left, because it's just that valuable so consistently. Sub gives me a little prediction time, and Petaya Berry just helps to boost his power- I actually prefer it to Leftovers on Red Pill. T-Wave is awesome, and it really helps the team a lot. Most people switch in Grass types to deal with T-Bolt, but HP Ice makes short work of them.

New UU Team Altaria2
    Garnet @Lum Berry
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Roost
    Natural Cure, Adamant
    16 HP, 252 Atk, 240 Spd

This is my main sweeper- mostly late game. She's actually really powerful, but I may have to drop the Muscle Band for Lum Berry, because she attracts a lot of crippling moves and hax, which really screws her up. Besides that, she rocks. Doin' a lot better than I thought... The unique plethora of resistances lets her switch into a lot of attacks, actually. She can pretty happily deal with Fire attacks, Fighting attacks, Ground, Grass, Water... Yep. Altaria's got some decent natural bulk to her, too, so setting up in general isn't too difficult, as long as she doesn't get crippled by a Burn or Paralysis. The EV spread lets her outrun Swellow after a single DD, Swellow being the fastest Pokemon she can outrun after one DD.

New UU Team Entei2
    Edincoat @Leftovers
    -WilloWisp
    -Hidden Power Grass
    -Fire Blast
    -Protect
    Pressure, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def

This originally had a lot of HP and Def investment, and was Bold with WilloWisp and Calm Mind, but that wasn't working out very well, so I took a more traditional route... Surprisingly, this actually does really well. He doesn't really NEED all that Def investment, cause WilloWisp handles things like EQ just fine, really. After that, he can Protect for the scout, Leftovers recovery, passive damage from Burn, and just rape things. Too bad he's so easily walled by other Fire types... Also, he really suffers from Stealth Rock, which is ridiculously common in UU all of a sudden. Anyway, I have a new love for Entei now, and I'm loving his nickname. <3

New UU Team Dpmfa297***
    Honda @Leftovers
    -Close Combat
    -Knock Off/Bullet Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Whirlwind
    Thick Fat, Impish
    76 HP, 180 Atk, 252 Def

This is that unfortunate "other" slot on my team right now. This used to be a SubPunching Hitmonchan, but that wasn't working out, so here's the replacement for now. Hariyama's not bad in that it has no problem switching into Ice and Fire attacks, thanks to Thick Fat and its high HP. Sadly, its easy to switch in on, despite Knock Off, and Whirlwind hasn't seen much use so far. Really, this thing's just fodder to Crobat, who can rape it everytime, no problems. I'm considering a Scarfed Pokemon like Slaking or Zangoose here to revenge kill and such, but I dunno. Ideas? No Hitmonlee or Infernape, if you will...

New UU Team Absol
    Absol @Muscle Band/Scope Lens
    -Substitute
    -Pursuit/Taunt/Toxic
    -Sucker Punch
    -Superpower
    Super Luck/Pressure, Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Potential replacement for Honda- no nickname yet. So far, it has been doing really good. Substitute surprises some people, and saves me from a few WilloWisps and such occasionally, as well as allowing me to scout, which is always nice. Both abilities are possibilities, since with Pressure, Froslass can only DBond four times as opposed to eight. During that time, I can set up Subs, use Superpower, and just stall out DBond till I can Sucker Punch it to death. Super Luck's just good for damage, and is relatively reliable. Muscle Band is more reliable, but Scope Lens can do more with a little luck. Pursuit hasn't been especially useful so far, so I MIGHT replace that with something else. Taunt pairs well with Sucker Punch, especially against predicted switches, and might help against Froslass that don't call my Taunt and use theirs first. Thoughts, concerns?

New UU Team Regice
    Windchill @Leftovers
    -Thunderwave
    -Explosion
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    Clear Body, Quiet
    204 HP, 252 Def, 52 Sp.Atk

I have to say, I'm not a fan of Regice, but I can't deny the fact that it's good, and it really fits well on the team for some reason. T-Wave is always helpful, Explosion is there for lack of a better option (besides maybe Psych Up), and BoltBeam is win, as is ridiculous Sp.Def. Sadly, Regice provides me with another Stealth Rock weakness.

New UU Team Claydol
    Ziedrich @Leftovers
    -Rapid Spin
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball
    Levitate, Bold
    252 HP, 144 Def, 114 Sp.Atk

Claydol's here as a physical wall to spin away Spikes and set up his own, but I may want to consider something not Ice-weak, since Froslass has suddenly gotten a HUGE spike in usage as, well... A spiker. On almost every team, I see a Froslass lead with Spikes, Taunt, D-Bond, and Ice Beam. Claydol can't really take an Ice Beam well, can't spin away Spikes against a ghost, and generally just doesn't stand a chance. Regardless, I like Claydol, though really, he just seems sorta... Off.

I've noticed a real jump in usage of Rocks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. REALLY big jump... Also, Crobat's kind of annoying. Without Electrode to take care of it, Crobat could potentially have a field day with my team- NP Crobat overestimates itself, though, and doesn't do well trying to take out Regice.

Also, I'll note just to bitch that it's really annoying to see all the lame-ass NFE's roaming around- Pineco, Chansey, Hippopotas and the likes. Bullshit lamesauce. UU's starting to look more and more like OU lite everyday.

***: Likely to be replaced by the Pokemon directly below it.

Last edited by Shine on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfa321

New UU Team Empty Re: New UU Team

Post by Ninja Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

While I understand that you'd have some reservations with Claydol, it's actually probably the best choice for a spinner, thanks to Levitate and its Ground typing. Sure, there might be a Froslass every once in a while, but if you're worried about it setting up Spikes then switch in Entei before it gets too many up and you're golden.

For Hariyama's replacement....I would definitely reccomend staying with some sort of Hazer or Phazer, preferably one resistant to Stealth Rock, seeing as rocks are bad for half of your team right now. You might want to check out Poliwrath or Quagsire...maybe even Aggron...

Blaziken could be an option....I've tried running a Mixsweeper-Bulk Up set on Shoddy and it's been moderately successful. Of course, Roar puts the mixsweeper out of the question, but that doesn't mean it won't still work dandily.

Zangoose can phaze, so if you choose to go with him you might want to consider that, although I know you want to Scarf him.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23 am

Who the hell used a Pineco? XD

Er, I'll write something more substantial when I got home, I just had to say that >_>;.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Sasami wrote:Who the hell used a Pineco? XD

Er, I'll write something more substantial when I got home, I just had to say that >_>;.
    "M5rriland" or something like that led with a Pineco that had Swagger and Toxic Spikes- besides that, they also had an Ampharos with Toxic. I suspect it was some kind of fail Spikes team.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 am

Ursaring might be an option over Hariyama. If you go with a Quick Feet variant, he can not only take status for the team but also possibly sweep late-game. Even if you scarf him, he's still going to be more powerful than Zangoose...especially if you can get a Guts boost Wink.

If you're nervous about his low speed, though, try Zangoose. Absol is another neat option (especially with that Pursuit/Sucker Punch combo he has going on)...either Scarf it or Band it. I'm more a fan of the Band, but if you just need something fast, use Scarf.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Sasami wrote:Ursaring might be an option over Hariyama. If you go with a Quick Feet variant, he can not only take status for the team but also possibly sweep late-game. Even if you scarf him, he's still going to be more powerful than Zangoose...especially if you can get a Guts boost Wink.

If you're nervous about his low speed, though, try Zangoose. Absol is another neat option (especially with that Pursuit/Sucker Punch combo he has going on)...either Scarf it or Band it. I'm more a fan of the Band, but if you just need something fast, use Scarf.
    See, the thing that bothers me about Hariyama is just that it doesn't seem to deal quite the damage that I need it to, and Close Combat's easy to switch in on (especially with the spike in Froslass and Mismagius usage), and after that, he's not hard to take out with the right switch. Besides that, I love how he doesn't have much problem switching in on properly predicted attacks. I wish Bullet Punch did more, and I wish he were faster, but I kinda wish that for all sorts of Pokemon, anyway... He's doin' well, he really is, I think he just... Rubs me the wrong way. But, he works, so yeah... XD;

If I used an Ursaring, Zangoose or Absol over Hariyama, I'd have a MUCH harder time against Froslass, which is ridonkulously common in UU. Most people play REALLY defensively- in fact, I see weird variations of the Bulky Arcanine running Toxic EVERYWHERE, and most teams I see are Stall/Spikes teams. The only offensively minded teams I've seen so far were Rain Dance teams. That in mind, I think it might behoove me more to play a little more defensively than offensively...

Absol's tempting because of that fantastic Pursuit/Sucker Punch combo, but I dunno. It might be too fragile for what I need. I might try it on Shoddy for a bit before actually deciding to keep Hariyama.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Tested a few battles with Absol in place of Hariyama, and so far, I think Absol's raw power and priority might make it more worth while than Hariyama. Gonna test a little more since I've got tiiiiime.

Actually, since both seem to do well, I MAY request that you gimme both Hariyama AND Absol to switch 'em out doing UU battles at Shuten and check trends within the site, since of course, not everyone's gonna be leading with Froslass or Hippopotas here. XD;

If anything, I'd have you hax one or the other first, and then the other later, or maybe just have Tobi do Absol for your convenience... I mean, it's a simple 252/252/6 spread. :\
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Shine wrote:Tested a few battles with Absol in place of Hariyama, and so far, I think Absol's raw power and priority might make it more worth while than Hariyama. Gonna test a little more since I've got tiiiiime.

Actually, since both seem to do well, I MAY request that you gimme both Hariyama AND Absol to switch 'em out doing UU battles at Shuten and check trends within the site, since of course, not everyone's gonna be leading with Froslass or Hippopotas here. XD;

If anything, I'd have you hax one or the other first, and then the other later, or maybe just have Tobi do Absol for your convenience... I mean, it's a simple 252/252/6 spread. :\

You aren't really going to find many Pokemon who switch in easily, are fast, and are ALSO powerful in UU XD. There are a few, but that doesn't mean they'll fit your team.

Well, right now I'm too busy to hack even one Pokemon, so you have some time to test, haha :p.

Remember, this semester I practically live at my college, and I don't have a laptop...I use the computers here. I might have time this weekend, I'm not sure. I have a lot of work and studying to do but maybe I can finish everything up on Saturday.

By the way, Absol is nice way to get rid of Froslass (takes prediction, though)...but watch out for Destiny Bond.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Sasami wrote:
    Shine wrote:Tested a few battles with Absol in place of Hariyama, and so far, I think Absol's raw power and priority might make it more worth while than Hariyama. Gonna test a little more since I've got tiiiiime.

You aren't really going to find many Pokemon who switch in easily, are fast, and are ALSO powerful in UU XD. There are a few, but that doesn't mean they'll fit your team.

Well, right now I'm too busy to hack even one Pokemon, so you have some time to test, haha :p.

Remember, this semester I practically live at my college, and I don't have a laptop...I use the computers here. I might have time this weekend, I'm not sure. I have a lot of work and studying to do but maybe I can finish everything up on Saturday.

By the way, Absol is nice way to get rid of Froslass (takes prediction, though)...but watch out for Destiny Bond.
    Yeah, Absol's doing great so far- Sucker Punch priority rocks. Mine's currently packing Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Superpower, and Sub, with a Muscle Band, and it's going well. Might try Swords Dance-Focus Sash, but, I dunno. That might be a little too predictable. Sub helps prevent Burns, so yeah.

Altaria's doing just fine without the Muscle Band, too, so I think I'll be fine just running Lum. Very Happy

I think Absol's a good replacement for Hariyama so far. So yeah. I might end up just sticking with Absol. ^^

I don't NEED the team super quick or anything, so I can wait plenty long. If anything, I'll beg Ryu to sit up long enough to hax the team for me, but I don't think he'll be happy calculating the Hidden Power for Entei. Razz
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm glad to hear Absol's working out =). A sash variant might run into problems because of the Hail teams destroying his sash.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Shine wrote:I don't NEED the team super quick or anything, so I can wait plenty long. If anything, I'll beg Ryu to sit up long enough to hax the team for me, but I don't think he'll be happy calculating the Hidden Power for Entei. Razz

If I hax you a team I'm /not/ doing Hidden Power...
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:22 pm

If you tell me what Ivs you want for the right hidden power, I'll do it.

I need an Entei anyway.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:
    Shine wrote:I don't NEED the team super quick or anything, so I can wait plenty long. If anything, I'll beg Ryu to sit up long enough to hax the team for me, but I don't think he'll be happy calculating the Hidden Power for Entei. Razz

If I hax you a team I'm /not/ doing Hidden Power...
    What if I had the IV spreads in advance? Cause, I've already got believable spreads planned for the right Hidden Powers on Electrode and Entei, and the spreads on Entei and Regice are legal.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Tobi wrote:If you tell me the Ivs needed for the right hidden power, I'll do it.

I need an Entei anyway.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Tobi wrote:
    Tobi wrote:If you tell me the Ivs needed for the right hidden power, I'll do it.

I need an Entei anyway.
    You don't hack as well as Ryu.
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male
    Number of posts : 210
    Yen : 500
    User's Pokemon : New UU Team Dpmfa160
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by Akubarix Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm

He still offered. No need to spite in his face.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Akubarix wrote:He still offered. No need to spite in his face.
    The word you're looking for is "spit."

Also, I'll note that Tobi's offered many times, and I've turned him down many times. Tobi won't do anything more complex than a 255/255 spread when it comes to EVs, and he just uses an Action Replay, anyway.

Sami and Ryu, on the other hand, hack using Pokesav, so they can intricately type in all the details for each Pokemon, not only making them undetectably hacked just by looking, but making sure that each Pokemon is built the way it's supposed to be, with all the proper EVs, IVs, etc.

Everyone on the site knows the differences in quality between hacks from Tobi and hacks from Sami or Ryu. I don't purposely come off as sounding mean or spiteful, but the only reason anyone would go to Tobi to hack is either ignorance as to his skill level, or if they just want something simple, like a Pokemon with proper IVs or moves to breed with.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 pm

I can do Iv's and Natures too, you sick fuck.

My Hacks are the same as Ryus/Samis, other then the fact that I do the 255/255 evs, and that I don't give them moves.

I /can/ make them untraceable, but really, whats the point?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:27 am