Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

Old UU Team

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Old UU Team Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Old UU Team Empty Old UU Team

Post by Shine Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 pm

My first UU team made from the AnyTrades tier list. I did this a while ago, and so far, it's been, like, tied with my first BL/UU Merger team for best UU team I've ever made. I figured I'd post it here to guarder attention.

=======================
    At a Glance

Old UU Team Dpfba471Old UU Team Dpmba062Old UU Team Dpmba479Old UU Team Dpmba411Old UU Team Dpfba241Old UU Team Dpmba154
    =======================

Old UU Team Dpffa471
    Charity @Leftovers
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power Ground70
    -Wish
    -Substitute
    Snow Cloak, Calm
    196 HP 112 Def, 200 Sp.Def

I'll admit that this isn't the strongest lead, but it's not terrible. With Mixed-Wall stats, it can stand to Wish or Sub up against most incoming attacks, and because of its massive Sp.Atk stat, it doesn't really need any actual EV investments to deal good damage. HP Ground might be preferable to Shadow Ball. Anyway, this Pokemon can take QUITE the beating, and still pass a Wish or take something out. Like I said- it's not the strongest lead, but it's useful.

Old UU Team Dpmfa062
    Havok @Leftovers
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Vacuum Wave/Ice Beam
    Water Absorb, Quiet
    124 HP, 132 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk

Easily the strongest Pokemon on this team, and honestly, one of the best UU sets I've ever made. Because of its bulk and plethora of useful resistances, it has little to no problems setting up a nice bulky Sub to Focus Punch behind- but that's not all! As opposed to the usual SubPunch straight physical set, this Poliwrath is a MIXER, and a right nasty one at that. Fighting and Water have pretty good coverage, and a max Sp.Atk STAB'd Hydro Pump is NOTHING to sneeze at. Besides that, Poliwrath packs the ever-useful Vacuum Wave, one of the very few (only?) Sp.Atk based priority attacks (and STAB'd, to boot!). Ice Beam is sometimes preferable to Vacuum Wave for the sake of coverage (Grass-Poison types can give you problems sometimes, but that's what Charity's for). Either way, unless you actually decide to pack Hidden Power Electric, Mantine and Pelipper are going to give you a REALLY rough time. Besides that, however, Poliwrath is a very apt Pokemon, and runs one of the best mixer sets I've ever seen.

Old UU Team Dpmfa479
    Kairo @Light Clay
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    Levitate, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Havok's compliment. Kairo's main purpose is to handle those pesky Water-Flying types that switch in against Havok and take them down, but whenever possible... It can happily set up speedy Screens! Yes, even Rotom can take a hit if it has a Screen up. Reflect and Light Screen with Light Clay make Havok even MORE deadly in that it suddenly becomes a challenge just to break his SUBS without Super Effective attacks. Kairo usually goes down against more skeptical players that suspect some kind of trickery, but almost never do they kill it before it gets both screens up, setting up nicely for a Poliwrath sweep.

Old UU Team Dpmfa411
    Ironside @Leftovers
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Blast
    Sturdy, Modest
    236 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 20 Sp.Def

I've never considered Bastiodon that great of a Pokemon, considering its weaknesses, but Ironside rocks my socks off. Sure, he's not that fantastic offensively (although, he does help handle a lot of otherwise troublesome Pokemon with Fire Blast, surprisingly), but Bastiodon is a VERY central part of my team- the focal point, almost, in that he's an amazing BRIDGE. Yes, a bridge. While not incredibly useful as an individual Pokemon, Ironside can happily switch in against one attack it resists (taking little to no damage thanks to its interesting typing), and then out to another Pokemon that can happily take care of the opponent's active Pokemon or predicted switch in. Consider it a more entertaining and less fragile version of Shedinja. Besides that, it sets up Stealth Rocks nicely. Toxic to damage, Protect to stall, and Fire Blast to take care of Grass-Poison types and Steel types.

Old UU Team Dpffa241
    Cali @Life Orb
    -Heal Bell
    -Milk Drink
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    Scrappy, Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

This is probably the most in need of work Pokemon on the team. I've never been very good at utilizing Miltank, and this set is no exception. I've been considering going ahead and bulking out its HP and Sp.Def a little, throwing in Leftovers, and almost completely ignoring Atk. I might go with a full-on Cleric set, like T-Wave, Milk Drink, Heal Bell, and Return. Walled by a lot of Pokemon easily then, yes, but that's why there are SIX Pokemon on a team as opposed to one. A nice suggestion for EV spread might be appreciated.

Old UU Team Dpmfa154
    Breezy @Choice Scarf
    -Seed Bomb
    -Earthquake
    -Return
    -Leaf Storm
    Overgrow, Naughty
    252 Atk, 16 Sp.Atk, 240 Spd

One of my favorites on this team for its uniqueness and surprise factor. Meganium packs a respectable 80 base Spd, meaning it does relatively well with a Scarf. Seed Bomb is for STAB, and helps take care of Ground types, Water types, etc... Earthquake is usually pretty unexpected- people just never see it coming until it's too late. Return is there for lack of a better option, while Leaf Storm allows it to hit hard on the Special spectrum, and it doesn't mind the Sp.Atk drop so much because of its hit-and-run nature, anyway. Sadly, it doesn't get Sleep Powder, which I would gladly replace Return with. Leech Seed could be a fun option, though.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:30 am