Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Rate My OU Team

Silver

Number of posts : 83
    Yen : 1000
    User's Pokemon : Rate My OU Team Dpmfa259
    Registration date : 2009-06-19

Rate My OU Team Empty Rate My OU Team

Post by Silver Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:54 am

Azelf (Timid) @Focus Sash
    EVs:255 Sp.Atk/255 Spd
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Signal Beam
    Nasty Plot
    Azelf Nasty Plots untill hes brought to his sash, then he sweeps.

Infernape (Lonely) @Life Orb
    EVs:255 Atk/255 Spd
    Close Combat
    Flare Blitz
    Thunderpunch
    Overheat
    Infernape uses Overheat on low Sp.Def Pokemon, but its only a 1-time use. Thunderpunch is for Waters.

Starmie (Timid) @Wise Glasses
    EVs:255 Spd/255 Sp.Atk
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Hydro Pump
    Starmies just a sweeper. I have Hydro Pump instead of Surf because I take risks of lower accuracy for more power.

Electivire (Adamant) @Expert Belt
    EVS:255 Atk/255 Spd
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Cross Chop
    Electivire has an Expert Belt because his moveset covers most Types.

Weavile (Jolly) @Muscle Band
    EVs:255 Atk/255 Spd
    Night Slash
    Ice Punch
    Ice Shard
    Iron Tail
    Iron Tails a filler, I couldnt come up with a better attack. Maybe Fake Out?

Shaymin (Modest) @Wise Glasses
    EVs:255 Sp.Atk/255 Spd
    Seed Flare
    Earth Power
    Air Slash
    Synthesis
    Earth Powers a filler, Synthesis for recovery if possible, and Air Slash for Serene Grace Flinch hax.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Rate My OU Team Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Rate My OU Team Empty Re: Rate My OU Team

Post by Sasami Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:20 pm

You seem to have a serious weakness to Scizor. Nothing can switch in safely to it (X-Scissor/Superpower destroys the team) and two of your Pokemon are OHKO'd by Bullet Punch (Azelf and Weavile).

At the same time, Electivire seems to be the weak link on the team--he can't switch in easily and he's not fast enough to sweep without Motor Drive. Only one of your team members can lure electric attacks, Starmie, and most people just take Starmie down with powerful STAB moves.

So what I'd recommend is replacing Electivire for something that deals better with Scizor.

Meanwhile, leading with Azelf is a bad idea. The set is great but should be saved until late in the game when your opponent's team is in bad shape. The problem with trying to pull it off so early is that your opponent is going to easily switch in a counter or beat you with priority moves (ex: Scizor/Lucario).

So...now we need a good Scizor counter that can lead and go over Electivire without bringing weaknesses to the team or ruining the offensive strategy you have going on.

Immediately, two Pokemon come to mind--Heatran and Gyarados. A lead Heatran with Stealth Rock/Fire Blast/Earth Power/Explosion and a Shuca Berry, Leftovers, or Sash will do this team good. It covers many random weaknesses on the team while also setting up rocks for you and taking out Pokemon. Plus, it can switch into Scizor's Bullet Punch, U-Turn or X-Scissor. Just watch out for Superpower. Heatran can also revenge kill Scizor very easily.

Gyarados is another nice option, being able to lead well thanks to Intimidate and counter Scizor. The set that would probably work best would be the BulkyGyara set on Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gyarados). It can switch into Scizor repeatedly and threaten to set up Dragon Dances.

So, now we have Heatran or Gyarados leading plus Infernape/Starmie/Weavile/Shaymin/Azelf.

The only other major change I'd recommend is getting Rapid Spin on Starmie to spin away Stealth Rock. That will keep Azelf's Sash safe and also make it easier for Weavile (and Gyarados, should you decide to use him).
    Silver

Number of posts : 83
    Yen : 1000
    User's Pokemon : Rate My OU Team Dpmfa259
    Registration date : 2009-06-19

Post by Silver Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:39 pm

ok thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:29 am