Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

3 posters

ReChain Challenge

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : ReChain Challenge Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

ReChain Challenge Empty ReChain Challenge

Post by Shine Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:16 am

I'm runnin' through ReChain on Standard...

... Without EVER boosting my CP.

The Oracle mentioned that I'm a CP whore- yeah, practically every opportunity I get, I boost my CP, cause I like having tons of deck options. So, now I'm gonna try running through the entire game with only 275 CP- every chance I get, I'll either boost my HP or get a new Sleight- but, before I get any Sleights, I'd like a list of Sleights and the levels you get them at so I can strategically get what I need... Like, Ars Arcanum. With only 275 CP, Arcanum will be a pretty important Sleight for me. Either way, I won't be using Sleights in the first place, considering how hard up for Attack cards I'll be.

I'll update occasionally.

So far I've beaten Traverse Town (Guard Armor) and Olympus Coliseum (Hades), and now I'm working on Agrabah- I'm trying to get the easiest ones out of the way so I can level up a good bit and get some ridiculous HP before taking on something like Trickmaster. Thankfully, Jafar's pathetic, and like Oracle mentioned, most boss battles are really easy because of the Micky card that pops up.

Wish me luck. :3
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : ReChain Challenge Dpmfa280

ReChain Challenge Empty Re: ReChain Challenge

Post by Prostiboots Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:19 am

The Gimmick Card*

Anyway, remember that Trickmaster'll be stronger that longer you wait...
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:07 am

Lv. 15
    HP: 290
    CP: 275

No Sleights learned so far.

Just beat Jafar. It took a while, only because, y'know, I've got TWO attack combos... I lead each 3-hit combo with a couple Kingdom Keys, and end it with 3 Wishes, because it deals a lot of damage when it's used as the ending shot of a combo. Besides that, I've been running Blizzard like crazy.

The deck as it stands currently:

Kingdom Key0, Kingdom Key7, Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7, Kingdom Key 7, Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7, Blizzard5, Blizzard5
    Simba5, Simba5, PCure2
    PCure3

PCures are Premium Cures- Premium cards disappear from the deck when they're used, but they don't disappear if they're STOCKED- so, I can stock a Friend and those Cures, and still have both Cures when I reload my deck (which I do often, obviously). Simba's probably gonna be replaced by more Blizzards, since they're cheaper, and I can make Blizzagas with them. Potions are another option, but they're really expensive for what they do... Regardless, a Potion or two might be significant to this run, for the sake of speed- also, I can't afford to make room for Enemy Cards, though it might be worth my time to invest in an Air Pirate (30 CP, reload while in motion).

Heading off to Wonderland now!

Played in Wonderland for a bit before deciding to update and go to bed:

So far, the enemy that gives me the most trouble is the Creeper Plant. They're the first Heartless to start using level 6 cards, which screws up my spells. Thankfully, the spells are meant to be stocked, anyway, so they don't have to be super high-leveled or anything. Attack Sleights aren't as practical, since you lose cards- Magic Sleights are actually worth my time because I can stock a Friend card first, and the spells still go up a level when paired- I certainly can't make Ars Arcanum with Donald and a couple Attack cards, but Goofy and a couple Blizzards make a free Blizzara. Wink
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Lv. 19
    HP: 350
    CPL 275

No Sleights learned.

So, I beat Wonderland, and it SUCKED- Trick Master breaks out level eight cards occasionally, and it IS vicious. He just deals lots of damage, too. But, nifty trick: when he's about to start launching Fireballs at you, hide at the far end of the table, the end opposite of the chair- if you just hide at the end of the table, the chair and the table will take all the fireballs, allowing you valuable reloading time. Thankfully, when you do combos against Trick Master, the last hit wields HP balls, so that makes things easier, but I still found myself Stocking Friend cards with my PCures often. I made a Premium Room and made my Blizzards and Simbas Premium Cards, but it might not have been such a great idea. I'll probably have to get two new Blizzard5 cards to replace these ones- the Simbas aren't so bad, but there are more useful cards, especially when it comes to boss battles- Simba's animation is too long, so it's easy to counter with Zeroes. I think I'd rather run more Blizzards, or start running Fires.

I think I'll move on to Halloween Town now, so I can pick up Fire Raid- Oogie's a joke. It's the Parasite Cage in Monstro that I'm worried about, now.

The deck as it currently stands:

Kingdom Key0, Kingdom Key7, Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7, Kingdom Key 7, Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7, PBlizzard5, PBlizzard5
    Simba4, PSimba5, PSimba5, PCure2
    PCure3

Yeah, making the Blizzards and the two Simbas Premium gave me room to throw in a Simba4. Blizzard shoots right out in front of you, which is why it's so difficult to use on Trick Master- I have to use them directly or Stock them first thing so I can JUMP and then use Blizzard/Blizzara, or it wouldn't connect. The only other thing that should give me those problems now is Dark Side Heartless, and he's kind of a joke, too.

I already have more HP now at level 19 than I do in my normal file at level 77. XD;
    At level 20, I'll finally pick up Sliding Dash. I figure I'll have a pretty comfortable amount of HP by then that I can stand to pick up any Sleights I've been skipping over.

Update:

Lv. 23
    HP: 365

Sliding Dash (does more harm than good, really)
    Stun Impact (not strong enough or useful enough to warrant losing an Attack card)
    Strike Raid (too high leveled to use without practically cutting my deck in half to use higher leveled cards)

Update on Halloween Town-

I dunno if it's because it's the second to last memory for the first set of cards, or because it's just hard, but this place might fuck you up. Creeper Plants found a home here, and now you've got to put up with Gargoyles, which deal a LOT of damage with blue fireballs that home in on you, and you often end up fighting six or seven at once. I've found that the easiest way to deal with Gargoyles is SPEED- it's worth it to remove Simbas from the deck and add a Potion, because two combos of a Kingdom Key7 and a Three Wishes7 will kill ONE- also, two Fire5's will take them out. Blizzard is generally stronger, but I prefer Fire because it homes in on the target.

Kingdom Key0 Olympia7 Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7 Kingdom Key7 Kingdom Key7
    Three Wishes7 Potion5Fire5
    Fire5Cure7 PCure3
    272/275 CP
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Lv. 26
    HP: 380

Sliding Dash
    Stun Impact
    Strike Raid
    Blitz
    (all worthless for this run)

Well, beat Halloween Town. Oogie was pathetic, like I said earlier... Easiest boss so far. Bust the dice the a Zero, break 'em open for the Micky card, and run over to rape Oogie. Booooring battle.

So now I'm in Monstro, and I'm not looking foreword either to Parasite Cage OR Larxene, because both are gonna give me a really hard time. Larxene uses a lot of level eight cards, and Parasite Cage is just difficult because you've gotta keep your health up, thanks to the acid. Besides that, there are no noteworthy Heartless in Monstro.

Same as it was before.

Update

Lv. 28
    HP: 395

Sliding Dash
    Stun Impact
    Strike Raid
    Blitz
    Zantetsuken
    Sonic Blade

(all worthless)

Just beat Monstro, and now I'm gonna have Larxene to deal with.

Parasite Cage itself isn't TOO difficult, but it DOES deal a lot of damage, so you may wanna keep a couple Cures ready. Also, considering how few cards you'll have, it's better to charge up the reload counter ALMOST to full, and then use the Micky card, and then finish the reload, so your deck is fully loaded when Parasite Cage is most vulnerable.

The last Heartless battle in Monstro's not difficult, either. The easiest way of building up the gauge is to stock Goofy, Donald, and an Attack card to make Wild Crush. After that, just kill things- by this point, a single Fire spell should instantly kill Shadows.

Larxene's a BITCH. It was the most difficult match by far at this point in the game, with a 12 card deck. x_x;

You have to play her very evasively, and try to counter all her Spell (blue) cards if you can with Fire spells, since it's much harder to avoid them. It's even worse when you've only got one Zero card to work with! I barely won- was in the red. I can't really give any advice, except that when she busts out her Sleight where she follows you around, teleporting and swiping at you, Dodge Roll towards her- if you Dodge Roll away, she'll still catch you.

Onward, to Atlantica. I wanna get Ursula over with, cause I KNOW she's gonna be hard. T__T;
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:06 am

Lv. 32
    HP: 440

Sliding Dash
    Stun Impact
    Strike Raid
    Blitz
    Zantetsuken
    Sonic Blade
    Lethal Flame (the only Sleight I'll probably actually use)

So, Atlantica... It's not too bad so far, but Aquatanks give me trouble sometimes- they're the first enemies I've seen to use level seven cards against me, which really screws up my spells. On the bright side, I recently picked up a level NINE Cure that I can throw around now- besides that, I also got a level eight PCure, so that's good for Stocking. It's important not to pack TOO many Premium cards in a deck, since you'll only have around a 12 card deck average, anyway, but it's equally important to pack JUST enough, like maybe one Cure for Stocking with Friend cards, and Stop for Lethal Flame, since that's really all you'd be using Stop for, anyway.

Heartless Deck:

KKey0 Olympia8 Olympia7
    Three Wishes7 Olympia8 Olympia7
    Three Wishes7 Fire5Fire5
    Fire7 Cure9 PCure8
    272/275 CP

OXIII/Riku Deck:

KKey0 Olympia8 Olympia7
    Three Wishes7 Olympia8 Olympia7
    Three Wishes7 Fire7Stop4
    Cure9 PCure8
    260/275 CP

Both decks are essentially the same, with the exception of having a Stop in the Boss deck for Lethal Flame. There's still a 0 in the Heartless deck so I can use it against large or floating bosses, like Ursula and Maleficent which I won't be able to hit with Lethal Flame, anyway.

Also, a note:
    I MAY have to raise my CP when I hit max HP and get all the Sleights I can by level, but I still won't use a deck with more than 275 CP worth of cards.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 am

Lv. 35
    HP: 485

Sliding Dash
    Stun Impact
    Strike Raid
    Blitz
    Zantetsuken
    Sonic Blade
    Lethal Flame

Mmkay, I went through more than I usually do before reporting this time.

I beat Ursula. She wasn't half as hard as I thought she'd be with only 275 CP. So, yeah, got that over with...

Repliku 1!
    Yeah, I forgot about him till I actually had to face him... It took some hard work, but I beat him. I was almost down to the red by the time I was able to finish him off. Same strategy as I described in earlier posts... Just roll around a lot, mostly toward him to avoid his little HUGE range attack, and just, well... Kill 'em. Fires are good for stopping him at long to mid-range while you're trying to reload, as are Cures, since Card Breaks come with some lag. It was worth it to Stock a Firaga, too. :3

I went through the entirety of Neverland after that. Captain Hook on my first run was a joke (easiest boss besides Oogie), but with so much less CP, he raped me pretty bad. Funny enough, I finished him off by Stocking a Peter Pan friend card so I could get in a Cura before reloading. XD;

Now I'm done with Neverland, and I know Repliku 2 is coming up, so I'll see if Lethal Flame is really worth having Stop in the deck. >>;

... Aaaand, Repliku 2 goes down. Really, it was no harder than the first one. Lethal Flame REALLY did a number on him, though, and it let me set up Goofy Smash with no problems (Goofy Smash being INCREDIBLY powerful for being only a two-card Sleight). After that, it was only a matter of Dodge Rolling around to avoid attacks, charging the reload counter a bit each time between Rolls, and coming back with a couple combos (if I could), with the occasional Fire or Goofy Smash in there, and a Zero to cancel Helm Split. I got stun haxed like, four times in a row, and almost died. XD;

Lv. 36
    HP: 500

And the same list of Sleights as above. ^^

Onward, to Hollow Bastion!
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    User's Pokemon : ReChain Challenge Dpmfa407

Post by Zeph Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 am

I like the progress your making with so little CP, I would have already torn my hair out. Impressive

==========
    Now Playing: Air Man ga Taosenai
    via FoxyTunes
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Zephule wrote:I like the progress your making with so little CP, I would have already torn my hair out. Impressive

==========
    Now Playing: Air Man ga Taosenai
    via FoxyTunes
    It's a lot easier than you'd think. Yeah, it's hard, but it's not THAT hard, and I'm not even on Proud mode. :\
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    User's Pokemon : ReChain Challenge Dpmfa407

Post by Zeph Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 pm

Ugh you're making me want to play the game. Jerrk. D:
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : ReChain Challenge Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:14 pm

I usually focus on HP in the games.

This game is one where balance actually works, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:29 am