Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Weather Team (Rain dance)

Weather Team (Rain dance) Empty Weather Team (Rain dance)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:36 pm

This will be a double battle team

Kingdra damp rock
    Swift swim
    modest
    EV: 252 sp attack, split def, speed and sp def
    Rain dance
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Dragon pulse

(the rest haven't been ev-ed yet, so i can still change them)

Toxicroak black sludge
    dry skin
    ev's 252 hp 252 attack
    adamant
    fake out
    sub
    focus punch
    sucker punch

Ludiculo leftovers
    Rain dish
    bold
    Ev: def 252 and split hp and def
    leach seed
    toxic
    surf
    rain dance

Raikou Shucca berry
    pressure
    timid
    ev's speed 252 and sp attack 252
    Thunder
    Shadow ball
    quick attack
    Calm mind?

Slowbro leftovers
    bold
    170 hp 170 def 170 sp def
    own tempo
    calm mind
    slack off
    psychic
    rain dance

Scizor life orb
    Ev: 252 attack and split def and sp def
    Technician
    adamant
    Iron head
    Quick attack
    X-scissor
    agility

(I choose him because when rain dance is in play fire moves become much less potent)

Last edited by Yin Yang on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : Weather Team (Rain dance) Dpmfa321
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Weather Team (Rain dance) Empty Re: Weather Team (Rain dance)

Post by Ninja Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Post the natures =P

I assume Kingdra will be Modest and Scizor Impish/Calm, but the rest are too ambiguous to guess.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Weather Team (Rain dance) Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:56 pm

YOUR COVERAGE
    You can't really deal with Steel types. At all. Raikou's quick, but he won't be able to OHKO all the time, even with Thunder, and will likely be EQ'd in the face. You can't use Fire attacks nearly as well with Rain Dance up, so you need Ground attacks for Steel types. Invest more in Rock attacks for Bug and Ice types, and Bug attacks for Grass types.

YOUR SPREADS
    Why don't your walls have any HP investment? That's the FIRST THING you max with a wall, no exceptions. Have you ever seen a Blissey with less than 714 HP? Srsly.

YOUR HOLD ITEMS
    Wtf, Mystic Water on Kingdra? Magnet on Raikou? No. Fix that.

Now, onto the Pokemon themselves...

KINGDRA
    Kingdra, as Ninja said, oughta be Modest. It's good on Rain Dance teams, and makes a good lead because it only has so many weaknesses, and if they try to switch in a Garchomp or Flygon or something to deal with it, you'll have just set up Rain Dance and would outrun the bitch with Ice Beam. BUT, I'd say invest 128 EVs into Spd, assuming you've already got 31 IVs, too, so that you can still outrun Yanmega leads after Rain Dance and their first Speed Boost. Ice Beam WILL OHKO. I can't criticize this much, since it's the first Pokemon on the team. Give it Leftovers or an Expert Belt though... It's got relatively nice survivability, and Leftovers helps that out some. Expert Belt pretty much makes sure it OHKO's things.

MANTINE
    Mantine, it looks, is your Sp.Wall, and a Toxistaller. Toxic and Brine makes a nice combination if you ask me, but this setup you have has no reliable HP regeneration, and no real stalling ability. Toxistaller doesn't have room for Rain Dance. Besides, as a Toxistaller, it needs something to deal with Steel types, and Nintendo's cruel trick of the day was giving Mantine EQ without giving it the stats to use it. Since this is a Rain Dance team, Fire attacks are a no-no, so you need a Sp.Wall that can Toxistall and EQ. I would probably recommend Quagsire (Stockpile or Amnesia). Lanturn might also be a good choice, since it resists both halves of BoltBeam, and has plenty of time to Amnesia against the likes of Jolteon and such. Sadly, no way to deal with Steel types, though. Better against Skarm if you've got some kinda Skarmophobia, though. Once you decide on a different Pokemon, you can repost your thoughts on THAT one, since whichever you pick it'll probably be a better choice than Mantine, and I'll give you my thoughts on that one. =P

LUDICOLO
    Ludicolo makes a pretty good physical wall, and really, THIS one oughta be your Toxistaller with Toxic, Leech Seed, Rain Dance, and either Sub or Surf, with the Rain Dish ability and Leftovers, maxed in HP and Def. Sadly, again, no way of dealing with Steel types. Magnezone and Skarm murder it completely, and Metagross sometimes has Thunderpunch, which gives you a little more reason to use Lanturn or Quagsire. Once again, Lanturn in case of Skarm, Quagsire in case of anything else...

RAIKOU
    Of course, something speedy with Thunder. It can OHKO Skarm, easy... And Water types... Well, under the Rain, with STAB, it can OHKO a lot of things with ease. A lot of Steel types besides Skarm will be packing EQ, though, as well as pretty much every Ground type you encounter. I would honestly give it Roar in place of Quick Attack for PHazing. BPer's cry when you Roar as soon as they BP. XD; Besides that, it's hard to go wrong with something so simple, aside from that choice of item... Try a Lum Berry, as Raikou may be the unfortunate target of some Bronzong's or Crobat's Hypnosis.

FLOATZEL
    Floatzel seems fine to me, but I'd try looking into a CB Relicanth or a SubPunching Toxicroak. A CB Relicanth can bust up walls nicely. Rock Head keeps it safe from the recoil, or you could just make him as quick and powerful as you can with Swift Swim for a few REALLY devastating attacks at high speeds in the rain. On the negative side, if you choose to go with Quagsire or Swampert or something like that, you'll have another major Grass weakness. Toxicroak can be pretty nice in that case, as it can, with Dry Skin and Black Sludge, keep its HP fairly high while it Subs and Punches. Focus Punch will help cover Ice types you encounter (besides Froslass, which Raikou can deal with), and you can also give it X-Scissor for Grass types, and after that, maybe Bullet Punch or Sucker Punch for priority or Taunt to stop Pokemon from using moves like Trick Room, which will DESTROY your team.

SCIZOR
    I've found Scizor to work well on pretty much any weather team. I'm not sure how well it would work here, though, as a Fire attack may still OHKO it if it's strong enough. An off-hand Fire attack, like Overheat from a Primeape or Fire Blast from a Garchomp, shouldn't be too threatening, though. I would also recommend that you maybe replace U-Turn with either Agility or Swords Dance. If you go with Agility, you can keep Iron Head, but with Swords Dance, I'd recommend Metal Claw, since with Technician, Metal claw is actually slightly stronger than Iron Head, and if you don't have the speed to get that Flinch-chance in there, then there's really no reason to have Iron Head at all. Scizor''s big positive point is that it'll take practically nothing from Grass type attacks directed at your team, which gives you yet another reason to have Quagsire on your team.

I might make another post to break it down a little more into what I think could be effective...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:54 pm

*edits*
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Weather Team (Rain dance) Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm

First off, FORGIVE THE DOUBLE POST.

Also, now that I see it's meant to be a Doubles battle team, I would most certainly recommend Toxicroak over Floatzel.

Moves like Explosion are VERY common in Doubles, and Toxicroak hiding behind a Sub would be perfect for that, not to mention Toxicroak with Fake Out would give you a little more time to prepare for the (nearly) inevitable.

Toxicroak @Black Sludge/Leftovers
    -Substitute
    -Fake Out
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch/Bullet punch/X-Scissor
    Dry Skin, Adamant
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spd

Between a Rain Dish and Water Absorb combined into Dry Skin, and Black Sludge, it's already got tons of survivability, and something like, say, KINGDRA spamming Surf makes it nigh invulnerable, save for some crits or maybe Taunt. Leading with Kingdra and Toxicroak lets you set up Rain Dance with Kingdra while Toxicroak gets to Fake Out the bigger threat on the opponent's team. Very useful. Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch are nice for priority, but X-Scissor helps you deal with Grass types in play that may give you problems, as well as Psychic types that resist Focus Punch.

Since it's a Doubles team, POLITOED and QUAGSIRE are very safe bets. Politoed makes a great Sp.Wall, and with Water Absorb it can stay quite healthy so long as Kingdra's Surfin'. Politoed itself can also act as a secondary Surf user to keep things alive, and honestly, in Doubles, I think I may recommend Politoed over Quagsire because it starts off with more Sp.Def to begin with, and also has the option to use the Damp ability to prevent Explosion.

Again, since it's Doubles, I would give Ludicolo either Surf or Protect instead of Surf or Sub, because, once again, of the Explosion threat.

Raikou may not work so well here since Surf will hit him, too. I would switch him out for either Gengar or Rotom. It'll give you a Ghost type for immunity to Normal (EXPLOSION), and Fighting attacks, and Gengar and Rotom could even give you a Ground immunity, along with a Sleep inducer in Gengar (Hypnosis). On the otherhand, you can go with a TrickSpecs Rotom. Timid, it gets 309 Spd, 433 Sp.Atk, and can Trick his Specs onto a Wall or a Physical Sweeper to really wreak some havoc. Plus, it gets STAB'd Thunder AND Shadow Ball. I dunno what you'd do about a fourth move. I would probably go with Protect, since it won't like Surf coming from its own team mate (Kingdra and Politoed, if you choose Politoed), and there may be times when you just really need to Surf. XD;

Overall, here's what I'd go with...

Kingdra @Damp Rock (lead, Sp.Sweeper)
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rain Dance
    -Dragon Pulse
    Swift Swim, Modest
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Toxicroak @Black Sludge (lead, Phys.Sweeper)
    -Fake Out
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -X-Scissor/Sucker Punch
    Dry Skin, Adamant
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spd

Politoed @Leftovers (Sp.Wall)
    -Surf
    -Toxic/Ice Beam
    -Hypnosis
    -Haze
    Water Absorb/Damp, Calm
    252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Sp.Atk

OR

Lanturn @Leftovers (Sp.Wall)
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic
    Volt Absorb, Calm
    120 HP, 136 Sp.Atk, 252 Sp.Def

Ludicolo @Leftovers (Phys.Wall, Toxistaller, alt. Rain Dance)
    -Leech Seed
    -Rain Dance
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    Rain Dish, Bold
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Def

Rotom @Choice Specs (Sp.Sweeper)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunder
    -Trick
    -Protect/Hidden Power Grass70
    Levitate, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Scizor @Life Orb (Phys.Sweeper)
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Metal Claw
    -Quick Attack
    Technician, Adamant
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def

This SHOULD be pretty solid. Scizor kinda worries me right now, since it won't like taking Surf in Doubles and doesn't have the moveslot space for Protect... Careful with that. The Politoed is a little worrisome, too, because you've only got ONE Electric resistance otherwise, and that's Rotom. His defenses likely wouldn't hold up, either. In that case, REALLY give some consideration to Lanturn. Rotom makes him a little more viable, too, since it's safe for Rotom to switch into EQs. Politoed's only real big advantage is being able to really benefit from Kingdra's Surf, and Hypnosis. Besides that I'd maybe feel safer with Lanturn.

Also, Sami's good with Rain Dance. Ask her. XD;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:03 am