Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Standard Smogon UU Team

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Standard Smogon UU Team Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Standard Smogon UU Team Empty Standard Smogon UU Team

Post by Shine Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:46 pm

I bet you didn't expect to see the words Standard, Smogon, and Shine all in the same topic without it being a rant or something, didja? Well, yeah, I figured I'd throw together a rather painfully standard UU team and see what came of it... S'not bad, but I usually do better with my other teams. As you'll be able to tell, I couldn't be COMPLETELY Smogoni-fied, but yeah. This one's been working out all right for me.

Without further adieu...

At a Glance
    =================================================
    Standard Smogon UU Team 424Standard Smogon UU Team 429Standard Smogon UU Team 51Standard Smogon UU Team 407Standard Smogon UU Team 350Standard Smogon UU Team 379
    =================================================

Standard Smogon UU Team 424
    Ambipom @Life Orb
    -Taunt
    -U-Turn
    -Double Hit
    -Fake Out
    Technician, Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Pretty standard lead... Fake Out, Taunt when useful, Double Hit for KO's or U-Turn out... I can't honestly say too much about this, it's just... I dunno. Really straight forward.

Standard Smogon UU Team 429
    Mismagius @Leftovers
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    Levitate, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 36 Sp.Def, 220 Spd

Same as the Ambipom, really straight forward. Sub and CM up, sweep. Three immunities for easy switching, switches into Fighting attacks for Ambipom.

Standard Smogon UU Team 51
    Dugtrio @Life Orb
    -Substitute
    -Sucker Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    Arena Trap, Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Ohnoez, slight deviation from the standards. Yep, Substitute. It's more useful on something like Dugtrio than you think- lets me scout Flying types and Levitating Pokemon, as well as things that think they can take an EQ and Explode on my face, etc. Works pretty dang well so far.

Standard Smogon UU Team 407
    Roserade @Black Sludge
    -Sleep Powder
    -Growth
    -Energy Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    Natural Cure, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

More deviation from the standards. Growth is pretty useful, yes indeed. It's helped me to sweep a few more things than I would've been able to otherwise, especially if it can set up one or two against a sleeping foe. Too bad Steel types wall it completely. Sadness.

Standard Smogon UU Team 350
    Milotic @Leftovers
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover
    -Surf
    -Toxic
    Marvel Scale, Modest
    148 HP, 52 Def, 252 Sp.Atk, 56 Sp.Def

Back to standards, maybe besides the EV spread. Straight forward... Toxistall other bulky waters, Ice Beam and Surf for some offense.

Standard Smogon UU Team 379
    Registeel @Leftovers
    -Iron Head
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    Clear Body, Careful
    204 HP, 100 Atk, 48 Def, 156 Sp.Def

The Pokemon I most dreaded using, but couldn't find anything better to replace. It can take a few nasty hits and STILL paralyze something and STILL set up Rocks, because it doesn't belong in UU, but that's just me bitching... Yeah, this thing's won me far too many battles already for me to be comfortable with it.
    Malachi
    Malachi

Male
    Number of posts : 435
    Yen : 26000
    User's Pokemon : Standard Smogon UU Team Dpmfa008
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Standard Smogon UU Team Empty Re: Standard Smogon UU Team

Post by Malachi Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:08 am

I like your time:
    My Electrode could kill three of your team. My Electrode sports Wise Glasses and HP Ice and Thunderbolt -- Milotic, Dugtrio, and Roserade are weak to those two moves. And I hate Registeel it isn't UU at all! Porygon2 = awesome wall / sweeper and not a total d-bag of a pokemon! Haze might be nice on Milotic, it would absolutely devastate my Slowbro, or any other set-up pokemon, if it had it and many people hate Slowbro's defences and moveset (Calm Mind, Surf, Ice Beam, Slack Off). I like your Mismagius, but without Psychic my Arbok could OHKO / 2HKO it...
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Standard Smogon UU Team Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Shine Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 am

Malachi wrote:I like your time:
    My Electrode could kill three of your team. My Electrode sports Wise Glasses and HP Ice and Thunderbolt -- Milotic, Dugtrio, and Roserade are weak to those two moves. And I hate Registeel it isn't UU at all! Porygon2 = awesome wall / sweeper and not a total d-bag of a pokemon! Haze might be nice on Milotic, it would absolutely devastate my Slowbro, or any other set-up pokemon, if it had it and many people hate Slowbro's defences and moveset (Calm Mind, Surf, Ice Beam, Slack Off). I like your Mismagius, but without Psychic my Arbok could OHKO / 2HKO it...

I mostly agree- I use an Electrode on one of my Smogon UU teams, and it's proven to be a VERY effective sweeper to compete with a lot of the Smogon standards (such as those I'm using in the team you've just replied to), and highly underrated, being something often sacrificed early-game, despite that it makes such a great late-game sweeper.

Chances are good that Electrode could NOT OHKO Roserade, considering it has some 105 base Sp.Def, although, it DOES outrun Roserade and has a good shot at a 2HKO- just don't switch in against it, cause chances are good I'll be getting up a Sleep Powder or a Growth on your switch. Probably best off revenge killing.

Milotic has some hefty Sp.Def investment, but yeah, it's probably, overall, a sitting duck for Electrode. Likely, it's easily 2HKO'd, and probably can't fight back- likely too busy just Recovering off damage to survive, so unless you conveniently switched into a Toxic, Milotic would have to switch.

Dugtrio packs Substitute against anything it traps that tried to Sucker Punch or set up on it, so if you end up getting trapped, and Electrode has to switch in for a revenge kill against a Sub, it's going down. Not to mention, Dugtrio's packing Sucker Punch for some second-rate priority. I doubt it'd OHKO, though, and Dugtrio would be at a 30% risk for Paralysis- not good. That's another forced switch.

I've got no reason not to switch against Arbok- should Arbok come in against Mismagius, I simply Sub to scout, and switch in the appropriate counter. I admit, this team isn't as bulky or defensive as those that I'm used to using, but these are a lot of the most standardly used Pokemon, so I figure they've gotta have SOMETHING to them.

I think the best solution I've got to my problems would be to Scarf something- I'm used to having at least one Scarfer, but this team's lacking in that area. Thankfully, Milotic, Dugtrio, and Roserade all Scarf pretty well, by my knowledge.

Slowbro shouldn't be that big an issue for Milotic as long as I can catch it early with a Toxic and Recover off damage. It can Recover off a +3 or +4 Psychic from Slowbro well enough, and taking that much time to CM up is just asking for Toxistall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:32 am