Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

4 posters

Lucky's OU Team

lucky seabream
    lucky seabream

Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Yen : 2500
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Lucky's OU Team Empty Lucky's OU Team

Post by lucky seabream Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:14 pm

My first team written (pretty much) by myself. I\'m quite proud of the job I did. From what I can tell, the only weakness I see that would be a pain is Ice. Everyone runs ice. >.<

---------------

Aerodactyl (Jolly) @Focus Sash // Pressure
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt

64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Comment: The standard suicide lead, Stealth Rock first turn, they switch in (if they\'re not running an electric lead), Aerodactyl dies, switch in to something nifty. Poor Aero. Such cannon fodder. D:

Scizor (Adamant) @Choice Band // Technician
    - Superpower
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn

255 HP / 255 Atk

Comment: BOOM POW! Scizor. Blatant overpoweredness makes for a good sweeper, and that\'s what I tried to go for here. Might need to shift stats around a bit though... >_>

Salamence (Naive) @Life Orb // Intimidate
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

238 Atk / 22 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe

Comments: Well, it was tough to pick between Dragonite and Salamence, and it would seem Salamence outclasses Dragonite a bit. Though Dragonite does have Heal Bell... Pretty standard copy and paste smogon, it\'d be nice if someone gave me a nicer spread for him, this is kinda predictable.

Magnezone (Timid) @Choice Scarf // Magnet Pull

- Explosion
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Fire

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Commments: Switched up Magnezone a bit as I brought in a MixApe to counter SkarmBliss. This makes him more versed in handling Scizor and Gyarados with JUST having enough speed, giving me a decent save against the one problem on my team so far (though it may raise another one).

Infernape (Hasty) @Life Orb // Blaze

- Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Close Combat
    - HP Ice

136 HP / 158 Def / 216 Spe

Comments: Switched in Infernape for Claydol due to the changeup with Magnezone -made him more Scizor-unfriendly- (since he can now OHKO Blissey after Nasty Plot) and most, if not all, Steel Walls will fall beneath his fists of fury. Very Happy Assuming that Stealth Rocks is still up, it stands a good chance against Gyarados after a Stealth Rock in case Magnezone can\'t take it down.

Swampert (Relaxed) @ Leftovers // Torrent

- Earthquake
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Sp. Atk

Comments: Well, I\'m personally not too sure about Roar. I\'m thinking of replacing it with Ice Beam, since I can give Claydol Stealth Rock instead, and it\'s immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Last edited by lucky seabream on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Lucky's OU Team Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Lucky's OU Team Empty Re: Lucky's OU Team

Post by Shine Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Gonna be lazy about this-

No huge weaknesses on the team so far from what I can see. Onto the individuals.

Aero--
    Replace Rock Slide with Taunt to shut down opposing SR leads.

Salamence--
    Consider Yache Berry over Life Orb.

Magnezone--
    Consider HP Fire instead of Ice- Fire would fair better against, say, Scizor, which might give you problems otherwise.

Claydol--
    Shadow Ball's generally there to handle Ghost types that keep you from Spinning away Spikes and Rocks, but it usually goes down to opposing Shadow Balls before actually getting the opportunity to Spin. That in mind, I'd sooner go for Ice Beam for the sake of coverage. Toxic you might want to replace with something else- maybe consider a TrickScarf set.

Swampert--
    Roar is fine, Protect's good for scouting, but you'd probably sooner do better with Ice Beam.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Lucky's OU Team Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Aerodactyl is begging you for Taunt. That will stop your opponent from being able to get their own rocks up. So a standard first turn should look like this:

Aerodactyl taunts.
    Pokemon attacks or fails to attack.
    Aerodactyl sets up rocks.
    Pokemon finishes off Aero or attacks now.
    Aerodactyl does as much damage as possible before dying.

If you're certain they won't set up rocks or put you to sleep (if the Pokemon in question doesn't have the move, for example), you can skip Taunt.

Taunt can go over Rock Slide or Stone Edge, I'm not sure why you have both, anyways. I used to run Rock Slide for the extra accuracy. With STAB and Aero's high attack stat, it should do plenty.

U-Turn on a Swords Dancer seems a little counter-productive since by switching out, you're losing your Swords Dance boost. X-Scissor might fit better. However, I happen to be one of the biggest fans ever of U-Turn so what I would personally do is Choice Band him and run Bullet Punch/Superpower/X-Scissor/U-Turn with max HP and attack. You lose the ability to completely sweep teams BUT you're bound to do SOMETHING every match and can easily clean up late-game with Bullet Punch. The immediate power is also helpful and U-Turn becomes a very strong weapon (aka spam u-turn in the beginning and use bullet punch later!).

The Mence looks good, don't worry about being "predictable" with him because Mence in general isn't too predictable (there are MANY viable sets out there). Plus, even if they predict what you're going to do, it shouldn't matter since it'll hopefully be late-game and they'll lack a counter (especially since you have Zone to trap and kill steels).

Magnezone looks good. If you start having Scizor problems, consider Scarfing it so that it doesn't get killed by Scizor's Superpower. If you scarf it, just run attacks, obviously.

Claydol seems absolutely pointless on this team if you ask me. A rapid spinner is only needed if you're running a defensive team (that relies on constant switching) or if you're using Pokemon that are crippled by it (Moltres, Bulky Gyara, Yanmega, etc.). Even then, you don't always need one. The thing is, this isn't ADV gen anymore. You don't get free turns to spin--in fact, Claydol is so predictable that your opponent will probably switch to a ghost and spin-block you. If you must use a spinner, don't use one that adds to your ice weakness like Claydol is doing. Besides, other than spinning, Claydol is just going to be a dead-weight. You mentioned Starmie--Starmie would actually be a better spinner on this team if you want one. Once it's job is done, it can actually do damage, revenge kill stuff (it's FAST and has great coverage and stats), and even Recover off damage. It also counters Gyarados nicely which might give your team a rough time otherwise. Run the "Rapid Spinner" set on Smogon--it's both bulky and strong.

Swampert looks OK. Don't worry about having a second Stealth Rock user. Most people don't pack Rapid Spinners. If you do face one, think of it as a free turn to get your Mence in and start Dragon Dancing >D. Unless the spinner in question is a Starmie XD. Besides, losing your rocks isn't the end of the world--they'll have probably weakened the opponent's team by then anyways. Roar should definitely stay on Swampert. It's useful for scouting and PHazing. If you want Ice Beam, replace Protect.

Looks solid for a first team!

EDIT: Forgot something about Scizor. Another great move is Pursuit, to catch things like Gengar, Latias, Starmie, etc.

Last edited by Sasami on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Lucky's OU Team Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Tobi Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Ya...what they said.

With Sally you could add Dragon Meter for the Huge SA stab, or just dragon claw coz it's an attack...And your attack is higher then your SA.

Claydol needs to die. Really man, add some random fire type pokemon instead, as you said you were worried about ice.

You should so battle me to find the weakest link.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:25 am