Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

3 posters

Pokemon Silver run-through

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Pokemon Silver run-through Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Pokemon Silver run-through Empty Pokemon Silver run-through

Post by Shine Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:23 am

UPDATE: Also, I will note that the Rules of Competitive Battling continue to hold true-- Whitney's Miltank did indeed fuck me up. It was like, "ROLLOUT BETCH." And then I died. I beat her the second time, but just barely. Whitney's Miltank is a beast.

For nostalgia's sake today, I got a VirtualBoy emulator and a Pokemon Silver ROM. I started a new game at about 4:46PM, October 2nd. It is now 1:07AM, October 3rd.

Really, I just wanted to get through the game and remember stuff and the likes... The game registers about 55 hours of gameplay because I used frame skip a lot to get through stuff, but it actually took me about nine hours to beat. Obviously it'd be much longer without frame skip, but yeah... I just thought I'd put it up here.

End game team consisted of:

Lv. 44 Typhlosion, nicknamed Axel @N/A
    -Quick Attack
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Flame Wheel

Lv. 45 Jumpluff, nicknamed Cotton @Smoke Ball (for Victory Road)
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Tail Whip
    -Mega Drain (it was Tackle most of the game, but Cotton learned Mega Drain on the second E4 attempt).

Lv. 47 Ampharos, nicknamed Watt @Quick Claw (not ONCE did it pop, lol)
    -Tackle
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder Punch
    -Thunder Wave

Having Leer and Smokescreen on Typhlosion was actually quite awesome for in-game, as was Tail Whip and Tackle on Jumpluff. On Ampharos, I was either gonna get rid of Tackle or Growl for Light Screen, and I decided to keep Tackle so I wouldn't be completely walled by Ground types should something bad occur- I could have given it Fire Punch, yes, but I just didn't think it necessary at the time. Jumpluff was the most epic of the group, easy. It destroyed EVERYTHING in its path... 'Cept Lance's Aero. :\

I ended up catching about 13 Pokemon, though the Dex registers 19 because of evolutions. I only caught four with intention to use, besides Typhlosion, including Hoppip, Mareep, Sudowoodo, and the Red Gyarados. In the end, I cut out Sudo and Gyarados cause it would've been annoying to power level them late in the game, and they never saw enough use early game to get the levels they needed then.

Yes, I failed the first E4 attempt, and I won the second. The second attempt, I went and bought eight Revives, because the first run, I only had one, and all my Pokemon were relatively fragile... Aero and Houndoom did the most damage. Nothin' else really hurt much thanks to Light Screen.

I guess I'll work on the Kanto region tomorrow... Pick up Jumpluff some Leftovers. Wink

I like playing in-game at blinding speeds (lolframeskip). It helps remind me that Pokemon is fun.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Pokemon Silver run-through Dpmfa282

Pokemon Silver run-through Empty Re: Pokemon Silver run-through

Post by Zenith Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:35 am

Shine wrote:UPDATE: Also, I will note that the Rules of Competitive Battling continue to hold true-- Whitney's Miltank did indeed fuck me up. It was like, "ROLLOUT BETCH." And then I died. I beat her the second time, but just barely. Whitney's Miltank is a beast.

It happens.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Pokemon Silver run-through Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:44 am

=/

Needs moar level 40 Jynx.

Oddly, that's how I pwned the elite four in my gold version.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Pokemon Silver run-through Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm

This makes me LAWL...

So, I started getting Kanto badges yesterday, got bored, stopped for the day, and finished getting them today...

Well, obviously, I can't finish the Pokedex or anything like that in an emulator, so... Why not? Time for Ash Red! I went ahead and got Prof. Oak to let me into Mt. Silver, and I headed over with...

Lv. 52 Jumpluff, Cotton, @Leftovers
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    -Mega Drain (Giga's got too few PP in GSC).

Lv. 51 Ampharos, Watt, @Leftovers
    -Tackle
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder Punch
    -Thunder Wave

Lv. 53 Typhlosion, Axel, @N/A
    -Quick Attack
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Flame Wheel

Hoothoot
    Shuckle (both just HM fodder, cause I wasn't sure if I'd need Strength or not. Been a while).

.... Red's team consists of six Pokemon levels 73-81, including Pikachu, Espeon, Snorlax, Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise.

Pikachu DID take out Jumpluff once, but I ended up just switching in my HM fodder to give me a little time to Revive it. After that, it was actually smooth-sailing. Weird.

Anyway, yeah, beat Red... My Pokemon Silver ROM experience is pretty much complete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:53 am