Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

+4
Zenith
Sagehawk
Zeph
Akubarix
8 posters

Fighting games and tier whores

Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male
    Number of posts : 210
    Yen : 500
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa160
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Fighting games and tier whores Empty Fighting games and tier whores

Post by Akubarix Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 pm

I've always found it funny when people instantly think they can beat you based on the character you 'main'. It's almost like saying 'Hey, because you have a pistol my shotgun wins'. When little does that ignorant bastard know, a Desert Eagle has more destructive force than 90% of the shotguns out there.

My point? When people say "lol Dan/Bowser/Captain Falcon" instead of saying "Cool, you use Dan/Bowser/Captain Falcon". It really gets under my skin. I mean, to the point where I want to punch them in the throat and then follow up with a boot to the ass.

Funny thing? I completely destroyed someone with Bowser last night. Then I completely destroyed someone else with Bowser a few hours later. Who were these people using?

'Top tier characters'. Who was Akubarix using? Bowser and Wolf. Amazing how *I* still won by at least a 2-3 stock lead.

I then proceed to jump on Street Fighter IV... I jump into a random player match...

"..You're using DAN? Thanks for the free win!" Now wait a ****ing minute. Granted, Dan IS THE WORST character in the Street Fighter series. I'll grant you that... But, there's something called "skill".

Skill will beat out your stupid little 'tiers' 9.9/10.

Why did my Bowser beat your Marth? Because I'm better than you. Why did my Bowser beat your Zelda/Shiek? Because I'm better than you. Why did my Falcon beat your Ike? Because: God damn it, I'm better than you.

And that's what the sorry excuse for a Ken player found out when I PERFECTED HIM TWICE IN A ROW with Dan as he screamed into his head set "I CAN NOT BELIEVE I ****ING LOST TO DAN!"

I had him beaten before he even pressed the start button. Why? He refused to see my potential, where as I never under-estimated him for a second.

So I want you, the fellow brawl players to heed this warning before you play me. If you insult the characters I or anyone else uses... I will go out of my way to humiliate you. I don't knock anyone for using Marth, Ike or Snake, I god damn expect the same in return.

If anyone has a problem with what I just said, my FC is posted in the Brawl tournament thread. Feel free to lose to my Bowser or my Wolf.
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa407
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Fighting games and tier whores Empty Re: Fighting games and tier whores

Post by Zeph Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm

The thing was that we weren't insulting you as a player. We were just saying "Captain Falcon is low tier" We never said "Why are you using Captain Falcon? Or "LOLBOWSER" Of course we know that even a Captain Falcon could beat a Meta Knight if the Cappy was good. (Disregard all of this if this wasn't directed towards Me/Ryu/Ninja <<Wink
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sagehawk Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm

You go Aku! You tell them! lol
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:57 pm

I don't think you exactly understand what a tier is or what me/Zeph/Nina were saying, but okay!

(also Ike is in a lower tier than you seem to think)
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa490

Post by Shiki Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:07 pm

It's common knowledge that any character can beat any other character in pretty much any fighting game. It's nothing to bitch about really, it only ends up helping, considering they go in underestimating you. I can't count how many times I have played Melty Blood, used a mid to low tier character against a high tier player, and won because they thought they could go on auto-pilot.

The entire idea behind tiers is that if you faced someone of equal skill using a high tiered character against your low tier, they would win the majority of the time by simple fact that Bowser hits the glass ceiling for his potential rather quickly. The fact that you seem to be good as Bowser is fine, but the argument can be made that you would be even better with a high tiered, thus truncating your potential as a competitive player.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I use Wolf/Ike/Green Mario as my main.

I also use Lucario, Snake, Meta Knight, Pit..... what ever I feel like.
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Zeph wrote:The thing was that we weren't insulting you as a player. We were just saying "Captain Falcon is low tier" We never said "Why are you using Captain Falcon? Or "LOLBOWSER" Of course we know that even a Captain Falcon could beat a Meta Knight if the Cappy was good. (Disregard all of this if this wasn't directed towards Me/Ryu/Ninja <<Wink
    Edit +1:
    It wasn't aimed at you guys. I have no reason to complain about you guys as you're good people. Sorry if it seemed that way.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa321

Post by Ninja Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:I don't think you exactly understand what a tier is or what me/Zeph/Nina were saying, but okay!

Why am I up there? >_>

I definitely recall not saying anything except "Captain Falcon is lulzy."
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Ninja wrote:
    Lord Ryu wrote:I don't think you exactly understand what a tier is or what me/Zeph/Nina were saying, but okay!

Why am I up there? >_>

I definitely recall not saying anything except "Captain Falcon is lulzy."
    ...You're 'lulzy'.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:56 pm

I like... Mario, Fox, Pikachu, Dedede, Wolf, Bowser, Jigglypuff, and Lucas.

I suck with everyone else. Wolf's my main, Pikachu's an alternate (though I'm probably better with Pika in the first place). Mario's cape (sideB) is epic, and as much as I hate how they changed Fox, he's not as bad as I thought. Dedede's just fun to use, if not difficult due to speed and reaction time. Bowser's about the same... Jiggs is light, but Rollout is epic. Lucas has a fantastic Nair, and that has to be the strongest stick I've ever seen, not to mention his downB and sideB's rock, he has top tier recovery, and his upB can carry the foe further off stage, besides the fact that it can KO at really low percents, although not as low as Ness'.

I guess I like Ness, too. I prefer his upB to Lucas', I think, and cheap back throw is cheap. Razz

I detest Diddy, because banana peels are cheap. I'm not a Luigi fan because his projectile's too lame, and he's just... Too floaty. I'm not a big fan of floaty characters, I like fast fallers more. Pit's sideB is ridiculously annoying, Meta Knight's broken... Snake's broken... I would like Lucario a lot more if he wasn't so damn floaty. Sonic's kinda too quick for me to keep up with. ROB's broken...

Poor Falcon. :\
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Fighting games and tier whores Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:35 pm

I use ROB as my main, but I also play Peach, Fox, Ike, Bowser, Luigi, Toon Link, Kirby, Sonic, Marth, Samus, Zamus, Pit, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Ness, and Charizard.

Although most of the ones listed after Kirby are just me messing around XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:31 am