Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

3 posters

Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time Empty Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time

Post by Shine Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:10 pm

Anyone ever had a really fun, effective, or just generally entertaining set on Final Fantasy Tactics?

I made a Priest with gear to boost Attack and Magic, and gave him Jump with a Spear, and it actually did really well.

I also had a Ninja with dual Rune Blades for bonus Magic and Math Skill. It raped, as does ANYTHING with Math Skill...
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time Dpmfa490

Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time Empty Re: Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time

Post by Shiki Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Every character but Ramza must be female. I mean the guy saves the world at the cost of his own identity and having nearly everyone dear to him die, not to mention no one acknowledges it until long after he dies, the least you can do is give him a harem. Oh Agrias, I will gladly slip my sword into your sheath.

I had a lot of Dancers and Geomancers last time I played through again, just because it was so cheap. Only one Geo is pretty mediocre, but goddamn when there are three of them it's painful.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:13 am

Shiki wrote:Every character but Ramza must be female. I mean the guy saves the world at the cost of his own identity and having nearly everyone dear to him die, not to mention no one acknowledges it until long after he dies, the least you can do is give him a harem. Oh Agrias, I will gladly slip my sword into your sheath.

I had a lot of Dancers and Geomancers last time I played through again, just because it was so cheap. Only one Geo is pretty mediocre, but goddamn when there are three of them it's painful.
    Females are the best characters in the game, anyway... They get the Perfumes, and Ribbon.
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male

Post by Shiki Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 am

And the rouge! Forget the exact name, but you get the idea. Free Haste? Fuck yes.

Even Reis was good, for a furry. Orlandu will fuck you up though, he beats out pretty much all the female characters.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 am

Shiki wrote:And the rouge! Forget the exact name, but you get the idea. Free Haste? Fuck yes.

Even Reis was good, for a furry. Orlandu will fuck you up though, he beats out pretty much all the female characters.
    Reis is stronger than Orlandu. Higher HP, better stats overall. Math Skill sweeps the field on turn 1.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Final Fantasy Tactics fun-time Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 am

I liek Geromancy Pavrirs on FFTA2.

So easy to kill everything.

XD
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male

Post by Shiki Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:27 am

Sweeps? I guess I've never utilized the full abilities of Arithmetician then, plus sometimes the combination ends up hitting allies and I rape the enemy AND my team with Holy or Flare. Multiples of 5 can eat a dick.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:32 am

Shiki, you have to remember that Shine is the type of player who will power level, and spend countless hours getting the rarest equipment.

He probably had items that absorb Holy damage on all of his characters.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:35 am

The Oracle wrote:Shiki, you have to remember that Shine is the type of player who will power level, and spend countless hours getting the rarest equipment.

He probably had items that absorb Holy damage on all of his characters.
    I do power level. I do take time to make my characters the way I need them to reach certain goals...

And Math Skill's not really hard to use. Trial and error, more than anything... Try a combo, see what it hits, if it hits one of your guys, skip to the next combination, see how that works, etc... Just get the most enemies targeted at once that you can with the least amount of allies. Hell, if it kills the entire enemy line along with, like, four of yours, it's worth it since you still killed all the enemies.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:38 am

lol, you take your time going OVERBOARD.

I beat a lot of games without power levelling, usually underlevelled without any fancy stat upping cheapness things. I just use effective moves, and good strategies.

lulz
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 am

The Oracle wrote:lol, you take your time going OVERBOARD.

I beat a lot of games without power levelling, usually underlevelled without any fancy stat upping cheapness things. I just use effective moves, and good strategies.

lulz
    That's how everyone does it the first playthrough. After that, depending on the game, you get to mess around and do all the fun stuff, like power leveling, or challenge files, like no level up, and speed runs.

This is what people with no lives do.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 am

Shine wrote:

lulz
    That's how everyone does it the first playthrough. After that, depending on the game, you get to mess around and do all the fun stuff, like power leveling, or challenge files, like no level up, and speed runs.

I don't have a life and I do none of those things.

;_;
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:47 am

The Oracle wrote:
    Shine wrote:

lulz

;_;
    No, you just hang around on the Shuten chatbox all day and spam random messages like "lulz" with no real purpose.

Very much in the same way that Ninja will pop on to say something pointless and then leave right after. He's amazing with conversation.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:01 am

Shine wrote:
    The Oracle wrote:
    Shine wrote:

lulz

;_;
    No, you just hang around on the Shuten chatbox all day and spam random messages like "lulz" with no real purpose.

Very much in the same way that Ninja will pop on to say something pointless and then leave right after. He's amazing with conversation.
    I just put that in because I'm doing other things usually, like chatting with friends (those people, you know, that like to talk to you,) or I'm playing a gaem, or baking, or babysitting/dealing with family, or, more recently, helping my mother with video games.

=/
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male

Post by Shiki Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 am

I got bored with Tactics pretty quickly, mainly because it has ZERO endgame content. I just did a couple playthroughs to get the Dark Knight job, then after that it's like "...eh, I can kill anything in this game with non-rare gear, what's the point?" They could have included some extra content at the end of the game like FFTA, despite it being a giant box of AIDS and all.

Disgaea 3, on the other hand, is where I all that leveling and overtime is actually useful. Motherfucking Overlord Baal is level 9999 if you pass all the Stronger Enemy Bills, and you're a bitch if you don't, not to mention the Japanese have videos doing quite literally twenty billion damage points to a single target, and over 100 billion to multiple. Shit would've been epic if Tactics had something like that.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Shiki wrote:I got bored with Tactics pretty quickly, mainly because it has ZERO endgame content. I just did a couple playthroughs to get the Dark Knight job, then after that it's like "...eh, I can kill anything in this game with non-rare gear, what's the point?" They could have included some extra content at the end of the game like FFTA, despite it being a giant box of AIDS and all.

Disgaea 3, on the other hand, is where I all that leveling and overtime is actually useful. Motherfucking Overlord Baal is level 9999 if you pass all the Stronger Enemy Bills, and you're a bitch if you don't, not to mention the Japanese have videos doing quite literally twenty billion damage points to a single target, and over 100 billion to multiple. Shit would've been epic if Tactics had something like that.
    All the Disgaea are like that, and all games similar to it should be done the same way.

Like I keep saying, the world kinda needs a game where you're actually almost required to reach ridiculous levels and get super-rare equipment and such to get through it- or at least, there needs to be additional storyline afterwards that keeps the game difficult even after you hit max level and such, like enemies with more than twenty HP. :\

What'd be REALLY nifty, is if there was a game with a New Game+ option that just let you start a new game with ALL the same levels, stats, gear, abilities, and all that fancy stuff that you had before, only this new game was MUCH more difficult, like they leveled the enemies from the start of the game to match your party average or something, and then you could just keep repeating that over and over again- like, infinite levels, infinite stat growth, and infinite damage potential. I mean, hell, we've got downloadable content now! Why not take advantage of it? Throw in the possibility of pullin' patches/expansions occasionally that add new light to the storyline, like releasing a sequal to a book, or just to add more equips or skills or something. We've seen BILLIONS of damage, let's try TRILLIONS. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:18 am