Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Taken

Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Taken - Page 2 Empty Re: Taken

Post by Sagehawk Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Actually they did say fuck in the 1900s... you owe me one tobi...

"Although this sounds like the most Anglo-Saxon of all Anglo-Saxon words, the origin of the f-word meaning 'sexual intercourse' is actually rather obscure. There is a legend that the old name for the crime of rape was 'Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge', and part of the punishment was that an abbreviation of the crime would be branded on the perpetrators head. Hence, people with 'F. U. C. K.' on their head were known to be rapists. A similar story is that during the time of the plague when it was necessary to increase the population a royal injunction was issued telling the common folk to 'Fornicate Under Command of the King.' These, however, would appear to be acronyms intentionally spelling out an existing word rather than new creations themselves.

Eric Partridge, a famous etymologist, has suggested that the Old German 'ficken' or 'fucken', meaning 'to strike or penetrate', was related to the Latin words for pugilist, puncture, and prick4 , or to the Latin 'futuere' which had the slang meaning 'to copulate'. There are also clearer links to Dutch where 'fokken' means breed and is applied to cattle, and to a Swedish dialect word 'fokken' which has the English meaning. Certainly, all the earliest uses of the word in English came via Scotland, suggesting a Scandinavian origin5.

Records from as early as 1278 identify a man called John Le-Fucker (which, considering people often had names to do with their occupations, makes the mind boggle), and it was certainly in common usage by the 16th Century, appearing in a dictionary, John Florio's A World of Words, in 1598. By the 18th century, it had became a vulgar term; It was even banned from the Oxford English Dictionary."

so as you can see its quite an old word. anyways, enough with history.... on with the show...

-------

Jake went through the lab with ease. He wanted to get home before dark. If he didn't he knew the police would give him trouble, they always did. It seemed young automatically meant trouble maker. He helped clean the equipment and in a hurry a beaker slipped from his hand and crashed to the floor. "Fuck..." he said under his breath.

Last edited by Suen on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Taken - Page 2 Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Tobi Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:23 pm

(XD you said it too. I'm still wait for sami, coz A) She grapped me, or B) The guard did. It's up to her.)
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Tobi wrote:(XD you said it too. I'm still wait for sami, coz A) She grapped me, or B) The guard did. It's up to her.)
    yeah was making a point XD tobi right again... EPICNESS

Edit: try not to talk here as much as possible...thanks

Edit again: 'meh' however was not around until 2000ish haha

Last edited by Suen on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm

I kinda thought so....But meh, you have to go outside to see who got shot.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Taken - Page 2 Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Hunter was halfway home when he heard the gunshots' blasts.

Taking out his hunting knife, he hurried to Mrs. Hussy's place, considering she was old and quite defenceless, he figured it'd be his duty to protect her.

When he arrived, he could barely believe what he saw.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Just as Jake bent over to clean up his mess he heard gunshots. They were faint, but there was no mistaking what they were. He rushed from the class room forgetting about the broken beaker.

He got a few blocks to his apartment across the street from the dorms, but when he turned the last corner he literally ran in to someone. They both fell to the ground.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Taken - Page 2 Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Charles Xavier Reed returned to the inn from the funeral. His face carried its almost-always-emotionless look as he sat down at the bar. People glanced around at him with contempt. They had a thing against outsiders. Reed didn't care. Let them do what they like, he thought. Doesn't matter to me. The barkeep poured him a beer.

"Where you from?" the barkeep grunted.

"Out West."

"Yer name?"

"Reed."

"Reed? Why, I'll be damned. Wasn't the fellow from the Donner Party named Reed?"

Reed grunted.

"Related?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, we don't have any people." the barkeep laughed.

Reed took a drink from the beer.

"You guys're the devils to the people out here. Better keep the name low."

Reed grunted again. He stood up to leave and laid down some money.

"Thanks for the advice." Reed tipped his hat and walked up to his room, and went to sleep.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Taken - Page 2 Dpmfa368

Post by Sasami Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Alice fell to the ground as someone crashed into her.

"You're that person from earlier!" she exclaimed, surprised to see him again so soon.

Quickly scrambling to her feet, Alice glanced around, trying to figure out where the gunshots had come from. She didn't have to investigate long, however, because there were more...and this time they were much closer.

Not more than twenty feet away, a young man lay sprawled out on the ground, blood gushing from gunshot wounds. But that wasn't all there was wrong with him...there almost seemed to be a kind of electric charge to him, a pulsating glow. Several officers ran over to him, but instead of helping him, they kicked him, as if to make sure he couldn't possibly get up.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Jake quickly got up and jumped at the close gunshots. "sorry...-HOLY GOD!" He said as he turned and say the bloody sight before him. He just stood there for a second shocked. He didnt notice but he was suddenly runing over to the guy and the police. Before he got to them, a police officer stood in his way. "The road is closed. Now please go back to your apartments-" he glanced at Alice "- or I'll be forced to detain you."
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:00 am

Hunter saw Mrs. Hussy standing in her apartment, with a shotgun at the ready, and felt out for her emotions. To his surprise, she was blocking her mind, and he felt nothing.

"Kid, don't try to use those cursed powers on me, and close the door, you're lettin' the bugs in."

Shocked, Hunter followed the directions. "What's caused this? Don't tell me you have one, too?"

"No, I don't, but they've suspected me of it before, and, plus, I don't trust the government nowadays at all," she went over and set the shotgun back on the rack, where it was disguised as a memento of her husband that she didn't use. "Now go and finish of the stew, it's a bit cold now, but you're too thin, and by that pallid colour, I can tell you haven't eaten since you left," she sat back in her chair.

"Oh, by the way Hunter, leave when you're done with that, as you can see, I'm able to take care of myself, I don't need you holding me back. Sorry, but you're trouble, I can tell. You can let yourself out of the back door. Only come back here if you have nowhere else to go, got it?"

Hunter finished the stew, and let himself out, and aimlessly walked until he hit the dorm street, where a policeman quickly apprehended him, and told him to get back to the dorm. Before Hunter could retort, the policeman was pushing him towards the doors.

Once inside, Hunter sat on a bench, not knowing what to do.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:12 am

Alice stood there frozen, completely in shock. There were so many things she wanted to say..."Will he be ok?" "What happened to him?" "What's going on?" "Why is he glowing like that?"

But she couldn't manage to get the words out, and instead turned to walk away, back towards her dorm.

The officer watched Alice carefully, making sure she really was going back towards the campus. Another one walked over to Jake, motioning for him to leave now.

The other officers, who had been standing around the young man, picked him up and began to carry him off. At this point, the man, who had been previously so out of it that he couldn't speak, yelled out a single phrase.

"HERRING FLASH!"

He was then kicked hard in the ribs, and fell unconscious as he was dragged off.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:21 am

Jake thought about fighting but they were too out numbered so he just turned with out a word and fallowed Alice. He was quite shaken. And when he got to his turn. He turned to Alice and just said, "See you later..." And then walked away.

At first all he could think about was what he could do to help. But then he told himself he was crazy. There was obviously a reason he was being taken away. He decided to just forget about it and avoid Alice and everyone else he met that day in the library.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am

Alice walked back to her dorm quietly, replaying the day's events over and over in her head. It was impossible to shake the image of the man and the cruelty of the officers...there was no way she was going to sleep now.

"Herring Flash...what in the world does that mean?"

She at first mused that it was some sort of important secret password, as if taken directly from a novel or something. But then Alice decided that perhaps the man had simply been crazy and didn't even realize what he was saying.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 am

Hunter thought about everything that had happened that day, and the fatigue he had been fighting throughout the day, (which, for him, had began 20 or so hours ago,) intensified with every passing thought of what was going on.

He eventually dozed off into a peaceful sleep on the bench.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:51 am

Jake tried to get to sleep that night but every time he fell asleep he woke up in a cold sweat. He couldnt remember the nightmare but figured it was from the events of the day. He looked at the clock 11:53pm. The curfew was midnight, but he decided to risk trouble and decided he needed fresh air to clear his mind then maybe he could get some rest for his chem exam the next day.

His walk led him to the dorms, and he walked in to the main area. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed someone on the bench. He turned and recognized the man as the teacher's aide from earlier that day. He walked over and shook him. "Hey if you need a place to stay...I have a spare room. I'm sure it would be more comfy than this bench."

Last edited by Suen on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 am

Hunter's eyes flew open at the sound of the voice, and in his daze, all he saw was a mop of brown hair, thinking it was his brother waking him for no reason, he said "Not right now, I'm tired, maybe in a few minutes," and he leaned back, and closed his eyes again, quickly falling asleep on the uncomfortable bench for the second time.

Last edited by The Oracle on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : There.)
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:15 am

(You keep leaving me behind in the story. Am I the one to yell that Flash, or someoneelse?

Meh, doesn't matter, I'll just do something that works with both.)

"WHats going on?!" John yelled as he jumped out of bed. After he'd been graped, all he'd felt was pain....and now he was in an odd white room. What had happened? Why did his everything hurt so much? Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:15 am

(OOC: No, you weren't.)
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Wait John thought.

Why is my room empty, and why are the walls white?

As John left the room, he found that it was the wrong number, and that the one next to it was his room. Must have been drunk outa my mind John thought as he walked to class. One hellva crazy dream.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 am

It seemed that the harder she tried to sleep, the more difficult it was to keep the day's scenes out of her mind. It felt as if she had witnessed something horribly important and she should do something. The problem was, what should she do?

She decided that in the morning, she would try her best to find Jake, as he had witnessed the same things as her.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:35 am

"Please wake up!" Jake said shaking the teacher's aide even harder, almost hard enough to shove him off the bench. "Its probably not too safe here..." He realized he wasnt going to get an answer so he sighed and just sat down on the bench next to him. "Dammit, I cant leave him here... he could be the polices next victim..." He mused out loud. Then he mentally kicked himself. 'they arnt the threat, I need to just go home... ' he thought. then he stood up about to head back to his apartment.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

As John walked to his class as the sun came out, he saw what looked like the teacher on a bench, sleeping. As he walked toward him, he wondered why wasn't he snoring, or moving at all? He got his anser when found the guy sleeping.

Poor bum.

Last edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

(OOC: Then just change the "Teacher's Aide" bit, considering Hunter's the only one mentioned in this whole thing.

If you're talking in the morning, you've sped time along quite far.

Also, you can delete one of the posts, it's the little "X" button)

Hunter snapped awake, gasping, realising he wasn't at home, in bed.

He saw the guy from the Chem class standing up, and thought he had a useful guide for the Dorms.

"He-hey? Can you help me out here, I'm kinda lost... and very tired."
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 pm

(OOC-I know, I can't post anything to you guys go to morning as well.)
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Jake stopped in his tracks and turned back to the teachers aide. "Oh... heh... yeah sure... I have a guest room." Jake said.

(tobi stop spamming the rpg)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:41 am