Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Taken

Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Taken Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Taken Empty Taken

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 am

The following story takes place in a fantasy world known as Treian. The planet isn't much unlike our own in the early 1900's, except the small minority of people who can use magic. The magic isn't elemental or spiritual, but rather psychic in nature (some abilities would include emotion reading, being able to move objects with the mind, limited prediction skills, etc.). These gifted humans are unfortunately misunderstood and disliked by the average person. When a child is born, they are tested for magical abilities, and if deemed positive, are taken away for further analysis. The weaker are micro-chipped (so that the government can constantly monitor them) and returned to their parents, with strict instructions to raise them as a normal child and to forbid them from using their powers.

The young with stronger powers, however, are placed in the government's custody and are whisked away to special "government training grounds". These buildings are in unknown locations and supposedly help the children control their magic, but it's uncertain what really goes on behind their large, steel doors. One thing is definite--the parents are never allowed to see or communicate with their offspring once they've been taken.

You'd assume that in such a situation, people would begin to resist the government and perhaps even stop reporting the births of new babies. But alas, in this world, the level of control that the government has is normal, and people have gotten used to the routine. They are told that it's all for their own safety, as well as the safety of their "diseased" children. Perhaps the government will find a "cure", after all.

However, there is hope for change. A few people are beginning to get skeptical...they're starting to question the very government that rules their lives. But they'll need to be careful, or else they could be sent away like the "cursed" children who are becoming more and more common...

And then there are the recent mysterious disappearances of regular people, citizens who didn't seem to have any connection to magic...

------------------------

Since this RP takes place in the early 1900's, read up on the time period if you're not familiar with technology and the like. Remember that in this world, the government closely controls and regulates everything, and questioning their methods could result in death. Rule-breaking is NOT a normal thing, so don't go making a totally rebellious, crazy, risk-taking character...they won't last long :p. Subtle skepticism would be more appropriate for this world.

Fill out the following form and post it in the Characters forum to join. I'll need to accept it first...don't just start posting.

Full Name:
    Gifted? (remember, the gifted are a MINORITY, so don't feel the need to give your character powers. also remember that someone with strong powers, would have been taken away permanently...giving your character that kind of power will only complicate our RP)
    Personality and Attributes:
    History:
    Role in Society: (what's their occupation? or are they a student? are they homeless or wealthy?)

------------------------

Other Information:

Technology is mostly limited to what was available in the United States during the early 1900's (think 1910). I say "mostly", because medical research in this world is closer to what had been accomplished in the 60's or so.

Microchips are an important exception to the "primitive" technology of the world. The government has nearly perfected these devices, and use them for all sorts of purposes (most of which aren't realized by citizens). There are also rumors that the government has begun work on nanomachines and more high-tech weapons...

Transportation is achieved by carriages drawn by horses, although this can only be afforded by more wealthy people. Others rely on their feet. Therefore, it will take some time to get from place to place.

Even in the larger cities, people tend to all know each other. Outsiders are often shunned and met with distrust.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Taken Empty Re: Taken

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 am

Alice sat at a desk in the library, reading up on history for an exam. Or, at least, that's what she'd normally be doing. But lately, she was finding it more and more difficult to concentrate on her studies. It felt like something, or someone, was missing. Alice couldn't quite explain it, but it seemed as if there was a hole in her heart. Almost like she lost something, only she couldn't place it.

She had always chalked it up to her increasing age, and maybe the need to find someone to be with and marry. But no, this was different. This was stronger.

Her mind drifted to her family back at home. She wondered how her mother was managing to deal with her legally insane aunt. Alice had always been the one to calm her mother's sister down after one of her usual rampages around the house.

Looking outside, she noticed that some leaves had already begun to fall off the large trees situated around the campus. It was still warm, however, and the only other indicator of the changing season was the cool breeze that occasionally blew over.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:55 am

Jake walked through the halls bored. His Next class wasnt for another 3 hours, but he didnt want to go back to his apartment. it would be a waste of time. He couldnt seem to sit still lately. He just chalked it up to, the exams coming up and nerves. He had chemisrty2 and bio2 and neither of those teachers were lenient by any stretch of the imagination.

He decided he'd go to the library and look over his notes just for the hell of it, to waste time. He knew he'd be studying later for hours but he had to do something.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Alice's lack of sleep was really beginning to get to her, and she could feel herself drifting away. She could go back to her dorm for a little while, but she still had that history exam to worry about.

"I just need to study a little more..."

That was the last thought she had before falling asleep in the library.

Almost immediately, she began to dream. In her dream, she had given birth to a cursed child, and it was being taken away by the government. However, she didn't want them to take it away, because she felt like this child was important. Screaming and crying, she tried as hard as possible to hang on to the baby, but could feel her grip slipping...

Then there was another baby, almost out of nowhere. It was growing much faster than a normal child and...wait...it was Alice.

Alice began to mutter a bit in her sleep, although the exact words were incomprehensible.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Taken Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Tobi Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:56 pm

John was bored.

Now a days, he always was. The teachers were dumb, and the classes could be passed by a drunk child.

John coudln't wait to leave, and still wasn't sure what was stopping him from. He didn't have the money to go to a better collage, and staying here only made him want to burn down the school more.

The only thing really stoping him were the girls, and chess. Mostly chess. Just chess. While the collage might have been boring in classes, at least some of the other students were good. Not as good as him, but still, better then anyone else he could play.

In fact, right now, he was heading to the library now to see if he could play a kid in chess. There were plenty of people; It shouldn't be that hard.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 pm

(wow tobi thats the best rpg psot ive seen by you XD)

As Jake went through the double oak doors and past the counter with a lady behind the counter with her nose in a book, Jake noticed a blond haired girl by the window. She looked like she had fallen asleep. He smirked to him self. He had nothing else to do so he walked over to her and set his books down on the study desk next to hers. She didnt make a move or noise. So he caughed... nothing.

"Um excuse me. Is that history?" He said trying to get her attention.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:12 pm

(I can do good story telling, I just get wrapped up in it and make my guy THE MOST EPIC GUY EVER)

As John went through the double oak doors, he saw that his odds of getting a good check game were slim to none.

A lady reading a book, who most likey worked there, and a blone woman, whos boyfriend was talking to her.

"Oh great", John thought, " I walked here, all I get to see is people flirting."

John choose to walk over to the blone, seeing as how the book she was reading was from the same class he just slept thought, and it was fun to mock people older then him who couldn't get what a basic class like that was about.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Alice jolted awake.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I guess I fell asleep. My name's Alice. What's yours?"

She then noticed another person approaching them. "I think I've seen you around before...are you in one of the same classes as me?"

Alice could feel her face turning red, she couldn't believe that she had fallen asleep in public. She began to gather and organize her books, which she had apparently knocked over in her sleep.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 pm

John loled(Can I do this? Meh, doesn't matter), which seeing as how the blone looked at him like she was about to get up and shank him with a spork, might not have been the smartest thing he's ever done.

"Wait...Is your teacher Mr. Appleman?" John asked? "Sorry if I don't remember your face...For the most part, I'm sleeping in that class."
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:58 pm

"Yeah, I have him for History," replied Alice.

"He's the guy that's always asleep and never pays attention...people who slack off like that don't deserve to be here..."

"So, are you ready for today's exam?"
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Taken Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hunter stumbled through another patch of brush, thinking to himself, out loud, "On one hand, opening a woodsman-y oddjob business would provide a good source of revenue, and suited to my recently discovered skill. It would also garner me some trust from the villagers around here, which is a commodity I need at this mo-" he cut off as he felt extreme hatred not far off from himself. He looked, and saw a carriage befitting of nobility going by, and silently laughed at the probelms of the rich.

"Crap, I've gotta finish this job," Hunter exclaimed to no one in particular, ight as the tell-tale "SNAP!" of one of his rabbit trap alerted him to move.

He arrived to find a very large rabbit caught in the trap, quite dead.

"Great, now I can get paid, and Mrs. Hussy will probably allow me to have some of the stew, considering this rabbit is so big!"

John put the rabbit in his leather pouch, and set off to the widow's house in town just as fast as he could, happy that he'd get his pay, and probably a small bonus.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:03 pm

"We have an exam today?"

"Hmm....So...are you studying while sleeping?"

Anyway, whats it over? You seem to care.

"Ah," John thought, "the three statments at once are great. It's so funny to see them try to anser me."
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:05 pm

"My name is Jake if you need any help with history I had him last semester." Jake gave the other guy an annoyed look. People who slept in class annoyed him. He had to do a lot of work to get in to this school, most could just get in with ease if they had the money. But Jake's family was barely getting by. It was like that after his brother was taken away. When they take your child they still bill you for the hospital and charge you for taking the baby. And its always an astronomical price. They were still paying it off.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm

"I'm studying more than you, apparently."

After she said that, she felt kind of bad, it was a little out of line. Alice sighed and opened her text book.

"We need to know the last five chapters that we studied."

Then she turned to Jake and smiled. "Thanks!"

At that point, the bell rang, and the next classes would begin soon.

"Where are you headed?" Alice asked Jake.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Jake smiled and said, "chem 1, its our final lab. tomorrow is the exam. I would offer to help you study after but you look like you need a nap!"
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Hunter arrived at Mrs. Hussy's home with the rabbit, and was met with a warmer welcome than he was used to, she brought him in, hugged him, and even gave him a tip in his pay, genuinely surprising him, considering she was sincere in her actions and motivations.

She offered to let him stay for the stew, much to his pleasure, and he hastily accepted, asking what time it was.

"Oh, it's about 11 in the morning, why," she cocked her head, slightly puzzled at Hunter's sudden change in mood.

Hunter had jumped up, and was quickly making a beeline for the door, shouting "Sorry, I've gotta get to my newest job. I'm a teacher's assistant to help with chemistry labs!"
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:38 pm

"Good luck with your lab!" said Alice. She then turned to the other person, who hadn't yet introduced themselves.

"We should get going to class...what's your name, anyways?"
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Not caring what the other guys name was Jake said his good byes and headed off to his chemistry lab. When he got there he took his seat and got out his book to read a head while he waited for class to start.

A few minuets later students started fileing in fallowed by the teacher...and a new guy he had not seen before.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Hunter got to his aide job barely in time, and surveyed the class, whilst introducing himself.

"I'm Hunter," most students didn't care, he felt, apart from a few, he turned to see which ones actuall had interest, "I'll be here for the next few days helping your teacher with your finals," he saw the first few interested people to be some girls, who were obviously attracted to his looks, and he tuned them out, and turned to face the last person who actually cared he was here, "I'm about your age, so don't mind me much, as I don't know much more about Chemistry then you do, probably less, honestly. I think that's all," Hunter finished as he faced the last piqued interest, who turned out to be a guy that was quite attractive, and Hunter thanked god he had finished speaking a couple seconds back, or he would have stumbled quite obviously whilst speaking, revealing one of his deepest secrets.

Hunter went, and got the lab instructions to hand to the students, making sure to hand them by rows, so he wouldn't have to face the guy, who was sitting mid row, and went to get a few other things ready for the students to get as needed.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:35 pm

'hmm' Jake thought as the teachers aide spoke. 'this lab is going to be interesting....' The teacher Instructed the class on what they were going to do. Jake wasn't really paying attention. He found him self staring at the teachers aide passing out papers. Suddenly everyone got up and started making tons of noise as they got ready the supplies needed. It was sudden to Jake and he slightly jumped. Sighed then got up from his desk and went over to his lab where is usual group worked. He helped get our some beakers and explained what they had to do to one of the students that had been having problems with chemistry all semester.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Hunter sat back as the students all got his prepared materials for their lab. He was happy to have a moment's rest from work, and just watched all of the students, hoping none of them would have trouble before he was allowed to go eat.

Hazing around at the students, he tried to avoid the student that made him choke up on the inside, as he knew he'd stare, which would shatter his aloof appearances, and make him vulnerable.

As his eyes swept the room, the last five minutes of class seemed to taunt him, to will him to stare at the attractive piece of meat laid before him, his mind begging him to shed his aloofness, if only for a moment.

The clock's determined tick tocks almost began to sound like a mocking voice saying "lip lock," reminding him of his attraction to the boy, and how uncharacteristic it was of Hunter to be attracted to anyone, physically or emotionally, taunting him.

His saving grace came with the bell's ringing, and Hunter flew out of the room. ran home, away from the danger that lies in that boy, who he didn't know, and knew he didn't need to.

Last edited by The Popular Pauper on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There, this long enough now?)
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:40 pm

"Meh" John thought as he skipped class, who gives a fuck what they think.

John desided that hell, all he had left today was Cem, he might as well skip it to go do something....anything really, as long as It wasn't so boring.

"Hey, you, Where do you think your going!" said Mr. Segal. I thought you had Cem class now.

"Fuck" John thought; This is the 2ed time this week he'd been yelled at by Mr. Segal for skipping.

Alot of stuff happened, and John had to go to Cem.

(My God, I came back to a story moving on without me.)
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 pm

(OOC: Uh, Tobi, I don't think they really said "fuck" in the early 1900's, lol)

It was hard to say whether the history exam was easy or difficult, as Alice could barely remember any of it. She was having trouble concentrating, and even her teacher asked her if she was ok. After giving a cheerful "Yes, I'm fine, sorry!" she headed off to her dorm room, skipping the dinner hall as she wasn't hungry.

The dormitories were situated on the opposite end of the campus from where she was, and she would need to walk past a public street on the way. Usually she would look around at the market stands on the way home to see if there was anything particularly appetizing, but today the streets were oddly quiet.

Wondering what was going on, she walked closer, but was promptly stopped by a police officer.

"Sorry, miss, the road's closed."

Alice nodded and turned around to leave, still not understanding what was happening.

It was at that moment she heard gunshots.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm

(OOC: Uh, Tobi, I don't think they really said "meh" in the early 1900's, lol

*waiting for Suen to post*)
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 pm

(Fuck has been around sence, like, When Englands Kinda has full power, seeing as fuck was the power to have sex with a newly marryed pesents wife. I think.)

BAM. What was that, John thought. Gun shots? Here? This and more passed thought John's head as he ran to where gun shots were. He saw the blone standing there, with a shocked look on her face. What? Had she never heard gun powder ignight, sending balls of metal into someones skin?

John could almost see where it was happening when somthing graped him from behided, and knocked him down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:32 am