Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

4 posters

I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD

Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Rank : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Shutenblackg_2964
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Empty I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD

Post by Sagehawk Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 am

Just to point this out ... i already know this team sucks.... i dont need any "Wow sage no wonder your losing.." comments... ok well i do..lmao but that need to be fallowed by detailed info on what i can do to improve it lulz so anyways have fun... I dont know any IV EV stuff so dont ask...

-----------

arcinine -flameplate
    Ability:flash fire
    EVs:
    Nature:relaxed
    - move 1 flamethrower
    - move 2 firefang
    - move 3 takedown
    - move 4 extreamspeed

jolteon
    Ability:volt absorb
    EVs:
    Nature:quirky
    - move 1 thunder fang
    - move 2 thundershock
    - move 3 thunder bolt
    - move 4 thunder

venusaur-rose incence(i have no clue why)
    Ability:overgrow
    EVs:
    Nature:serious
    - move 1 sleep talk
    - move 2 double edge
    - move 3 energy ball
    - move 4 solar beam

Alakazam-twisted spoon
    Ability:synchronize
    EVs:
    Nature:Quiet
    - move 1 psychic
    - move 2 psybeam
    - move 3 future sight
    - move 4 pycho cut

Blastoise
    Ability:torrent
    EVs:
    Nature:adamant
    - move 1 ice beam
    - move 2 blizzard
    - move 3 surf
    - move 4 aqua tail

Lucario
    Ability:inner focus
    EVs:
    - move 1 shadowball
    - move 2 focusblast
    - move 3 strength
    - move 4 raindance

I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Empty Re: I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2008 11:12 am

One of your problems is that alot of your pokemon aren't one type as in Special attacker, Physical attacker or Defesne, As well as this you only want to have one move of a type as in Electirc, Fire on any one Pokemon otherwise you cant take of types that can beat it, Finally Once you pick the type of Pokemon get EVs for that type so Physicals have 252Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP most, Specials have 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed and so on.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Rank : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Shutenblackg_2964
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Empty Re: I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD

Post by Sagehawk Mon May 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Brennan wrote:One of your problems is that alot of your pokemon aren't one type as in Special attacker, Physical attacker or Defesne, As well as this you only want to have one move of a type as in Electirc, Fire on any one Pokemon otherwise you cant take of types that can beat it, Finally Once you pick the type of Pokemon get EVs for that type so Physicals have 252Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP most, Specials have 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed and so on.
    im a noob at competative play more detail would b good. leave out the IV EV shit tho
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Dpmfa490
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Shiki Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

My suggestions in bold:

sagehawk wrote:Just to point this out ... i already know this team sucks.... i dont need any "Wow sage no wonder your losing.." comments... ok well i do..lmao but that need to be fallowed by detailed info on what i can do to improve it lulz so anyways have fun... I dont know any IV EV stuff so dont ask...

-----------

arcinine @ Choice Band/Muscle Band
    EVs:
    - move 1 flamethrower
    - move 2 Aerial Ace
    - move 3 Dragon Pulse
    - move 4 extreamspeed
    A Mixed Sweeper move set. You get Fire, Normal, Flying, and Dragon with this, which is a fairly varied moveset, and hits on a lot of different weaknesses. On a side note, your nature is fairly debilitating, as Relaxed is SPD down, and useless DEF up. You may want to consider rebreeding, but if not, Extremespeed should bridge the gap a little.

jolteon @ Wise Glasses
    EVs:
    - move 1 Shadow Ball
    - move 2 Toxic/Protect
    - move 3 Rain Dance if you wish to keep Thunder/Thunderbolt
    - move 4 Thunder if you use Rain Dance/Attract
    Lol, an Electivire would wall this completely with that former moveset. Jolteon's Physical Attack rating is piss poor, so don't use Phys. moves. Jolteon's forte is his godly speed, so abuse that. Toxic is useful if you aren't against an enemy that will rape the shit out of you in one turn, as is Rain Dance for the 100 Accuracy Thunder you get for a few turns. With STAB, that's a 180 Power Thunder that will not miss, compounded with the Wise Glasses for a 10% damage boost. But with a Quirky nature, you're better off playing it safe and using Thunderbolt over Thunder.

venusaur @ Leftovers
    EVs:
    - move 1 Sleep Powder
    - move 2 Synthesis
    - move 3 energy ball/Grass Knot
    - move 4 Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Talk is pretty useless without Rest, and even then I only suggest it for tanks like Snorlax. Again, with another neutral nature, it's good that you're trying to implement Physical attacks into your repertoire, but it will be weak as it won't see over 250 Attack. Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb for the STAB and Sp. Atk, Synthesis for self-preservation, Sleep Powder for a reprieve.

Alakazam @Choice *anything* if you use Trick/Wise Glasses
    EVs:
    Nature:Quiet
    - move 1 psychic
    - move 2 Hidden Power/Trick
    - move 3 Focus Blast
    - move 4 Recover
    There's an unspoken rule in competitive play. Never use only one type on a Pokemon, because almost always there will be one Poke in your enemies group that can totally wall you. Psycho Cut is a good move, but on Ala it's wasted, his Attack is absolutely abysmal. This is another Special Sweeper without a doubt, probably your purest one. The Quiet nature is good for your Sp. Atk, but it lowers your Speed, so that may be something to take notice of. A unique way to play Ala is the Trick route, in which you equip him with any type of Choice piece as long as it only permits you to use one attack, and use Trick on the enemy. This works especially good on Baton Passers, as they'll be buffing like crazy to BP, and giving them a Choice piece makes it impossible for them to do anything but futilely buff. But the more conventional route is just as good, being a Special Sweeper.

Blastoise @ Muscle Band/Leftovers
    EVs:
    Nature:adamant
    - move 1 Skull Bash/Brick Beak
    - move 2 Avalanche
    - move 3 Earthquake
    - move 4 aqua tail
    Finally, a perfect nature! And makes him a much needed Physical Sweeper no less. Variance is the key to make up for your lack of Physical Attacks, Fighting, Ice, Earth, and Water is your best bet to hit the most types you can.

Lucario @ Focus Sash
    EVs:
    - move 1 Dark Pulse
    - move 2 Stone Edge
    - move 3 Close Combat/Aura Sphere
    - move 4 Extremespeed

Noooo, another Relaxed on a Poke that normally has good Speed. Anyway, with all the other Sp. Sweepers you have, you need Lucario to be a Physical. With move 3, it all depends on which stat is higher, your Physical or Special Attack. If your Special is only like ten higher, stick with CC. If your Special is 20+ though, go Aura Sphere.

Abuse your Pokes Abilities. Volt Absorb and Flash Fire are both great as long as you use them correctly. Pokemon is like a lot of competitive games, the best strategy is to lead your opponent into believing something, when in reality the opposite is happening. For example, I usually use a Forretress or Scizor and an Arcanine. Forretress and Scizor both only have one weakness, a 400% weakness to Fire. Most people are going to send in their Fire Poke immediately to try and get a free kill, so there's no better time to switch in Arcanine when they use Flamethrower or some shit for a free boost to his Fire moves. Same applies to Jolteon. Bait your opponent into switching in the Pokemon you want, don't make it a guessing game.
    KOkingpin
    KOkingpin

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Yen : 12000
    Rank : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Shutenblueg_3129
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by KOkingpin Sun May 25, 2008 11:45 pm

Arcanine -Life Orb/Muscle Band
    EVs:
    - move 1 Overheat
    - move 2 FlareBlitz
    - move 3 Reversal/Crunch/Thunder Fang
    - move 4 extreme speed

Jolteon - Leichi/Salac/Petaya Berry depends on who you plan to be able to BP to.
    EVs:
    - move 1 Substitute
    - move 2 Baton Pass
    - move 3 Thunderbolt
    - move 4 Shadow Ball

Venusaur- Black Sludge
    EVs:
    - move 1 Sleep Powder
    - move 2 Leech Seed
    - move 3 Energy Ball/Grass Knot in most cases in competitive Play Grass Knot is superior to Energy Ball
    - move 4 Sludge Bomb

Alakazam- Choice Specs
    EVs:
    Nature:Modest/Timid
    - move 1 Psychic
    - move 2 Trick
    - move 3 Focus Blast/HP Fight
    - move 4 Grass Knot/HP Fire|Ice/Charge Beam

Blastoise - Leftovers
    EVs:
    Nature:Relaxed
    - move 1 Rapid Spin
    - move 2 Ice Beam/Earthquake
    - move 3 Surf
    - move 4 Yawn/Toxic

Lucario - Life Orb/Muscle Band
    EVs:
    Nature:Adamant
    - move 1 Close Combat
    - move 2 Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch
    - move 3 Sword's Dance
    - move 4 Crunch/Stone Edge

There are a few Differences from Shiki's post.

1)If you plan to Mix Arcanine then Overheat absolutely > Flamethrower and its best to stick with just your Stab moves on your lesser attacking stat. Also on a mixer Life Orb is the way to go unless you don't want both Flare Blitz and Life orb taking health. Though with reversal it could work to your advantage.

2)IMO Jolteon is one of the best BPer pokemon with a berry and Substitute you can get a free boost and Switch or you can just beast with his rampant Speed.

3)I chose Leech Seed over Synthesis because Leech Seed can cause switches when people swtich into something you dont want to see. As for the Item difference Black Sludge is just a way to screw a Trick/Switcharoo pokemon out of some health. Its as potent as Lefties.

4)Always go Choice Specs because Alakazam can almost OHKO a bliss with Focus Blast. and Never ever use recover on Alakazam they will not live through anything that is SE to it. Weavile is a common counter for Zam. Its always faster (unless you are scarfed) and a non boosted Pursuit will OHKO everytime. use that spot to make your Move pool better.

5)Blastoise makes the Best wall for your team on the Def side. You can also make use of his Rapid Spin Move. he has both decent atk and sp atk so use a nature that is Neutral to those stats. +Def -Spe is the way to go with him. He is best used as a wall.

6)Lucario. A monster on both sides of the Attacking spectrum. Since your team is pridominately Sp Atkers I decided to go with the SD Luc. After one SD you can 2HKO ANY WALL with this setup.

Damage Calculations

Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
    Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%

So, Lucario is a moster with this setup. It is also probably the most used as well.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    Rank : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Shutenbrowng_3415
    User's Pokemon : I need tons of help.... you may need a good chunk of time to reply..XD Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Tobi Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:29 am

venusaur-leftovers
    EVs:
    - move 1 sleep talk
    - move 2 rest
    - move 3 energy ball
    - move 4 Toxic

Ok, i'm guessing you might want to wall with this, so give it rest, then sleep talk, so it can heal AND fight. Toxic = win, and enegry ball for just plain fighting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:58 am