Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

New Profile Function/Game!

Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : New Profile Function/Game! Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

New Profile Function/Game! Empty New Profile Function/Game!

Post by Sasami Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:01 pm

This has been in the planning for a bit, but I had to figure everything out =).

You may now collect virtual Pokemon on the site, which will show up in your profile. If you have any Pokemon, you may choose one to go on your writer's profile (the mini-profile that shows up in posts). All other Pokemon that you haven't set to your writer's profile are stored in your regular profile and don't earn experience (more on that later).

How To Get Them:

For now, the three Kanto starters (Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle) are completely free! Just send me a PM. This won't last for long, and then they'll cost a small amount of yen (probably about 500). The sprites will automatically be the D/P sprites.

In addition, you may purchase other Pokemon at the Official Pokemon Store (a thread will be up soon!). Right now, the only additional Pokemon available are Pichu, Marill, and Porygon. More will be added each week.

Rare and legendary Pokemon may be given out for a short time at an event or won in contests.

Any time you order a Pokemon, there's a very tiny chance that it'll be shiny. If you don't want the sprite to possibly be shiny, tell me ahead of time.

Customization:

For Pokemon with clear differences between gender, gender will be selected at random UNLESS you pay an extra 500 yen to specify.

You may pay 2000 yen to use a sprite from a different generation (RBY, GSC, etc.). You need to tell me exactly which sprite to use.

Evolution:

Your virtual Pokemon can evolve, just like in the games. Each Pokemon will have a certain amount of "experience points" (posts) needed to evolve.

Take Charmander for example. He requires 30 posts to evolve, according to the Official Store. This means that you must make 30 NON-SPAM posts with Charmander as your set Pokemon for the writer's profile. Once you've accomplished that, you would PM me and I'd change it to a Charmeleon. Charmeleon requires 50 posts to evolve, so you'd need to make 50 NEW posts to evolve him.

If you switch which Pokemon is set, that Pokemon will LOSE ALL EXPERIENCE POINTS. You need to make the posts with the same Pokemon set. However, once a Pokemon has evolved, it stays that way permanently regardless of whether it's set or not.

If your Pokemon also needs an item to evolve, you may purchase it from the Official Store or a member's store with an Item License. Can't find the item you need? It might be something rare that isn't possible to obtain yet.

Trading:

You may trade Pokemon with other members, although it needs to be one-for-one. You cannot simply give a Pokemon to someone. Just PM me to set up a trade and I'll switch sprites. All experience the Pokemon had is lost during a trade, although they'll stay evolved.

"Wild" Pokemon:

Every day, I will randomly insert a small Pokemon sprite into one of the threads. There won't be any clues or anything, you'll just have to hope to come across one. When you do, get a screenshot or tell me EXACTLY where you saw it. I'll remove the Pokemon, and it'll be yours. Recent, active threads will have more common Pokemon, while older or inactive threads may have rare Pokemon (or occasionally even one that's evolved!). In the event that more than one person sees the Pokemon, I'll give it to whoever sent me a PM first.

You can only catch one Pokemon a day (this shouldn't be a problem).

Tips:

-Finding out if other people caught wild Pokemon on a day will help you know if you should bother looking.

-Wild Pokemon will remain in a thread for 1-7 days, depending on rarity. Certain special Pokemon may remain for less than a day. Therefore, if no one finds today's Pokemon, for example, it may still be around tomorrow IN ADDITION to tomorrow's!

-Pokemon will always be in the first post, the one started by the OP.

Did you see a sprite in a thread for an item? It may be a rare evolution item!

Battling:

This feature isn't available yet, so stay tuned!

For the FIRST Pokemon you purchase, you may evolve it one stage immediately if you already meet the posting requirements! This will only last the next two weeks.

Any questions?

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:52 am