Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O)

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    Rank : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Shutenblueg_3129
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Empty Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O)

Post by Shine Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:31 am

Recently I've found that I'm starting to make a LOT of walls and Toxistallers. My new team, posted on a whim:

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) 417-20

Pachirisu @Leftovers
    -Substitute
    -Super Fang
    -Toxic
    -Thunderbolt
    Pick Up, Timid
    252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Sp.Atk

Sub against incoming Hypnosis, Sleep Powders, Stealth Rocks, and the likes, and then lay down a Toxic or Super Fang as seen fit. I WAS running Charge Beam over T-Bolt before, but I really just don't think it was worth it. Charge Beam only works on things with LOTS of survivability, like Cress (although, I DID outstall Cress with this Pachi Very Happy).

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Victreebel

Victreebel @Life Orb
    -Encore
    -Leaf Storm
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Reflect
    Chlorophyll, Modest
    252 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 6 Def

Since Victreebel has 100 base Sp.Atk, with a Life Orb and STAB it can OHKO CalmCune, which causes me to reconsider having Specs on mah Saur. This one actually has Reflect and Encore on a whim, but they've been working out well. I can Encore a Skarm's SR or Spikes long enough to switch out to something else that can fuck up the enemy, or I can set up a Reflect at their switch and THEN react... I'd also like to note that Victreebel happily switches into TrickSpecs Rotom. Victreebel fights for his friends. =P

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Blastoise

Blastoise @Leftovers
    -Aqua Jet
    -Counter
    -Fake Out
    -Roar
    Torrent, Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk

I actually designed this Blastoise after multiple run-ins with Metagross... EQ, Meteor Mash, T-Punch... All are beastly moves. This one can take it and dish it out with Counter... But it does so much more. I'm surprised at how well it stalls out for what Toxic another Pokemon has already set up. I can Fake Out for that one free turn of Toxic damage, and I can Aqua Jet to finish off stragglers. I can finish off a Gengar with about 30-40% HP left, even with such minimal Atk investment. Thanks, STAB. Very Happy

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa036

Clefable @Toxic Orb
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Fire Blast
    Magic Guard, Calm
    252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Def

I know Zack's going to chastise me for such a "boring" build, but this Clefable rocks. Wish Passing with this thing has been incredible, greatly extending the survivability of my team. The Wish-Protect combo I've seen on a few Vaporeon, actually, so I figured I'd try it, and it works nicely. Fire Blast is for all those nasty Steel types that like to switch in. Also, it OHKO's Jynx, apparently. Hooray for status immunity! Clefable's my Wonderwall. <3

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) NidoKing

Nidoking @Life Orb
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Sucker Punch
    Poison Point, Rash
    216 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 42 Spd

Mixed sweeper that isn't very fast... But it kills stuff. *shrug*

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Noctowl

Noctowl @Flame Orb
    -Night Shade
    -Psycho Shift
    -Roost
    -Protect
    Insomnia, Calm
    252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Def

Okay, so it hasn't been the MOST useful Pokemon on my team, but DAMN, it does really come in handy sometimes... Li'l pocket burn with 100% accuracy that I can just whip out anytime I like, really. I know that a Loppuny with Switcheroo would likely be more efficient than this, but Noctowl can SAFELY switch into things like Hypnosis and EQ, allowing the Orb to pop so I can Psycho Shift the next turn. Roost compensates for the Burn damage and other damage taken while I stall. Xatu can run this exact set, with a couple exceptions: it has less HP, less Sp.Def, and lacks Insomnia. It also doesn't have as many immunities, Noctowl being immune to Ghost attacks.

FOUR out of SIX of the above are built to WALL and/or STALL. There's something wrong with me.

SAY, ANYONE WANNA HELP?

Last edited by Sasami on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wild Pokemon!)
    Nazil
    Nazil

Male
    Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Empty Re: Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O)

Post by Nazil Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:30 pm

wow lets see first make ur clefable into this

ability magic guard

evs 252 def and hp

impish

moves

facade
    protect
    wish
    toxic

items leftovers

second have run away for pach cuz dugtiro will rape it
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    Rank : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Shutenorangeg_3560
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa407

Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Empty Re: Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O)

Post by Zeph Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Run Away: This does not allow escape from trapping abilities or moves such as Mean Look, Spider Web, or Arena Trap.

Also Dugtrio and Pachi are not in the same tier, meaning that Shine will probably never run into a Dugtrio.

And your advice on Clefable fails with anything that has an immunity to it. You really shouldn't be correcting people's teams, especially Shine's.
    Nazil
    Nazil

Male

Post by Nazil Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:50 pm

dude only shedninja and gengar can counter the clefables set. the set works fine i use it if i could
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    Rank : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Shutenorangeg_3560
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa407

Post by Zeph Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Oh fuck, are you ready? Because I am going to rape you right now.

The Things That Counter Your Clefable
    Banette, Drifblim, Dusknoir, Frosslas, Gengar, Giratina, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedninja, Spiritomb, Aerodactyl, Aggron, Armaldo, Bastiodon, Corsola, Cradily, Golem, Kabutops, Lunatone, Macargo, Omastar, Probopass, Rampardos, Regirock, Relicanth, Rhyperior, Shuckle, Solrock, Suddowodo, Tyranitar, Bronzong, Dialga, Empoleon, Foretress, Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnezone, Mawile, Metagross, Registeel, Scizor, Skarmory, Steelix, Wormadam-S.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Nazil wrote:wow lets see first make ur clefable into this

ability magic guard

evs 252 def and hp

impish

moves

facade
    protect
    wish
    toxic

items leftovers

second have run away for pach cuz dugtiro will rape it

Mmkay, my rebuttal...

My Clefable's trained in HP and Sp.Def because it's my Sp.Wall. As such, it is CALM, for extra Sp.Def at the cost of less Atk, which I don't need on Clefable. Clefable's also a ToxiStaller, so it's basically meant to lay a Toxic, Wish, Protect to receive the Wish or switch to something more appropriate, and repeat steps 2-3.
    Your alterations only hurt my team, considering that Blastoise already fills in the role of Phys.Wall, making an Impish Clefable pretty worthless, and the fact that Fire Blast is there for a reason. Steel types and Poison types are immune to Toxic, so that way, I'm not walled when they switch one in, and I can happily continue to pwn the shit out of things or WishPass. Steel types RESIST Facade, and a lot of Poison types actually mix with Grass. So yeah. =O

Also, Pachi's ability really doesn't matter, because neither ability has any effect in trainer or WiFi battles- only random encounters in-game.

Nazil wrote:dude only shedninja and gengar can counter the clefables set. the set works fine i use it if i could

Shedinja's not a counter to your Clefable set, because Toxic OHKO's at the end of turn. Wonder Guard doesn't block moves like Toxic or Leech Seed.

Thanks anyway for trying.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:42 am

Props for using Nidoking and Victreebel. I'll give advice later, for now I has the school.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    Rank : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Shutenblackg_2964
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 am

Yay Ampharos inspired Blastoise.
    Nazil
    Nazil

Male

Post by Nazil Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:15 pm

i have a ? how did u get sucker punch on nidoking when it is always male?
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Nazil wrote:i have a ? how did u get sucker punch on nidoking when it is always male?
    Nidoqueen can give birth to Nidoran-M. Also, Plat has a Sucker Punch tutor.
    Nazil
    Nazil

Male

Post by Nazil Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 am

thats just werid though. a female maikng a different pokemon? is that the only pokemon who does that or is ther more?
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Too many bricks... (Now with sprites! =O) Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:20 am

NIDORAN MALE AND NIDORAN FEMALE ARE THE SAME POKEMON.

FSHRLSTHERTSETMERVYHMRTSY
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Nazil wrote:thats just werid though. a female maikng a different pokemon? is that the only pokemon who does that or is ther more?
    Volbeat and Illumise, I think.
    Nazil
    Nazil

Male

Post by Nazil Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:26 pm

wow i never breeded one so i was just wondering ty for the help

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:37 am