Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Some YuGiOh stuff

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Some YuGiOh stuff Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Some YuGiOh stuff Empty Some YuGiOh stuff

Post by Shine Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm working on, like, three decks in addition to my old Machina Gadgets deck, so I figured I'd post 'em up for no reason.

My Machina Gadgets deck went 3-4 in today's tourney, and brought me TWO places away from a Nationals invite at my FIRST Regionals, which is... Kind of a big deal. So I'm proud of it.

Worth noting, I guess: I also have a lame Wetlands deck in the works, which is pretty much just a speedy beat-down down.

Machina Gadgets
    --My first competitive deck. Very fast, very easy to use, and versatile. Machina Fortress is the deck's big boss monster- literally being the biggest, as well as the deck's main card. I've tweaked this deck almost literally to perfection. The only thing that could really make it better is a little more back row removal (spells and traps) and some staples like Solemn Warning ($40+ dollar card. Fuck that), or Mirror Force ($40+ dollar card, but coming out in the Marik precon deck soon!). Aside from that, all I really ever change here is the side deck so it can deal with new threats in each format. With good playing, this deck can run over anything.
    Spoiler:

Spaceships
    --This deck's fun and interesting to play. It has a lot of annoying staying-power, and has a couple nasty card combos which can easily OTK (one-turn kill) an unprepared (or locked-down) player. Lord British + Honest completely mows through the enemy's field, and then swings one more time for huge damage. The real trick is keeping your otherwise small and meek spaceships alive before you can get off the combo. In addition to that, you may want to wait till you can get a Cold Wave or a Giant Trunade to lock up their backrow. This is easily one of my most entertaining decks to play, but it's not particularly competitive yet. It has no Extra or Side Deck, and still needs tweaking.
    Spoiler:

Amazoness
    --Amazoness is fairly old, but also fairly interesting. They have a lot of innately strong monsters, good ability to swarm, and some REALLY ridiculous combos that can deal a bunch of damage quick, or even OTK. An Ojama Trio with an Amazoness Archers, Battle Mania, or All-Out Attacks (I run one of each for the benefits of each specific card) can force all the opponent's monsters- including the ZERO attack tokens- to ram into your generally much larger Amazoness monsters. On top of all this, they generally have an easy time removing large threats, or making the enemy hesitant to attack. I've tweaked this deck a lot with the help of proxies, and it's gotten a lot better, but it still has a ways to go. Just like the spaceships, this has no Extra or Side Deck.
    Spoiler:

Watt Stun
    --Watts will be amazing given a little time and patience. They're not that great initially, but you've gotta show them some love... And they'll reward you. Watts can eventually completely shut down the opponent by keeping them from doing ANYTHING, as well as inevitably forcing them to draw the same card over and over again (Wattchimera + Robbin' Goblin). Wattgiraffe is the deck's boss monster though. Not only can Wattgiraffe swing directly, but it's a 1200 attacker and keeps them from special summoning, or activating any effects for the rest of the turn. Each Watt has a unique, and powerful ability which can be exploited when played properly. I don't actually have this deck together yet (Coming Soon!), so it hasn't been tweaked at all, but I have a lot of ideas to fix potential problems and make it more versatile and capable of dealing with competitive threats. Wish me luck!
    Spoiler:
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Some YuGiOh stuff Dpmfa282

Some YuGiOh stuff Empty Re: Some YuGiOh stuff

Post by Zenith Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 am

run ojamaaaaaa

you know you want to
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Zenith wrote:run ojamaaaaaa

you know you want to
    Well, the last few cards I needed for the decks I'm finishing up now just shipped today (apparently, despite it being Sunday), so maybe once I'm done building Watts and Amazoness, I'll work on Ojama if they're entertaining enough. I hear they suck pretty bad, though, so we'll see.

EDIT:

I've got a deck list I'm considering that uses Ojamas.

Ojama Shoots
    -- Goal of the deck is complete and total lock-down. Ojama King and Knight seal off three and two monster slots on the field, respectively, which can completely shut down the enemy's front row. Bamboo Shoot shuts down their back row easy enough. Instant Fusion and Ojama Country have good synergy. You can get a Fusion out really easy with Instant Fusion, and then just bring it back from the dead next turn with Ojama Country's effect. One of the big advantages to this deck is that Ojama King and Knight have zero attack to start with, so if you hold off on playing Ojama Country till you're ready to start bringing them back, they're immune to Bottomless Trap Hole and Trap Hole.

Spoiler:

Deck costs about $70 to put together on TrollandToad assuming you don't already have any of the cards. The cards with "()" beside them are cards I already have, to show it'd be a lot cheaper if I made it myself. I'm honestly curious to do so, but we'll see how that works out. It's a nifty concept, but I need to ask around a little to see if it would do well at all.

Also worth noting, this build omits Mirror Force and Solemn Warning, which are pretty much staples and are both, like, forty dollar cards. People who CAN will run three Solemn Warnings, just because it's the most badass card ever. It's about as effective as just saying "no" and then shooting them in the foot.

Hand Destruction tends to be almost three dollars a pop, but for ten bucks, you can get a copy in a Machina Mayhem precon deck, so if you buy THREE Machina Mayhems (thirty bucks, ten per deck), you'll get your Hand Destructions, and a mess of other cards which make up for the bulk of a Machina Gadgets deck, which owns beyond belief.

If you want a Mirror Force for the deck, I recommend you pick up the Marik precon that's coming out soon. Common Mirror Force- ten bucks per deck, and you get lots of cool cards aside from the Mirror Force.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Some YuGiOh stuff Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Yeah, I built an Ojama deck out of my friend's cards once, and it was pretty bad! But it's still a crazy fun archetype to run, especially in the rare moments where you pull something off. I'd even consider running it if I got back into Yugioh (and had money to spend on it).

They're making a Marik precon? Didn't the anime end like forever ago? XD But still, if you get Mirror Force and a bunch of other stuff for $10, I'm not going to complain.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Zenith wrote:Yeah, I built an Ojama deck out of my friend's cards once, and it was pretty bad! But it's still a crazy fun archetype to run, especially in the rare moments where you pull something off. I'd even consider running it if I got back into Yugioh (and had money to spend on it).

They're making a Marik precon? Didn't the anime end like forever ago? XD But still, if you get Mirror Force and a bunch of other stuff for $10, I'm not going to complain.

I've been asking around to see if anyone thinks this list is at all viable, and if not, then how to fix it, so I'm sure I could come up with something better than this over the next few days. A couple suggestions already came up like Ground Collapse and Ojama Trio- both of which I already considered for the deck, but just don't seem to have room for.

I'm thinking of throwing in Nobleman of Crossout in place of the MST's to take care of Ryoko's and such, which could fuck you up a lot.

And yeah, Marik structure deck is gonna be awesome. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Marik_Structure_Deck There's the deck list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:23 am