Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

4 posters

White Wolf

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : White Wolf Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

White Wolf Empty White Wolf

Post by Shine Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm sure we've got some Tabletop RPG fans here, and I'm sure some of you, if not most of you, know the company "White Wolf." They've created such titles as Werewolf: The Forsaken, Vampire: The Requiem, Mage: The Awakening, Hunter: The Reckoning (can't remember which is current, Reckoning or Wayward), and the recently revamped, Changeling: The Lost.

Around the time that I moved to Texas, I was introduced to an earlier installment of Werewolf- the Apocalypse rotation. Since then, I've been really interested in the White Wolf tabletops, but I haven't found anyone willing to play with me. As such, I really don't know how to play properly in the first place, so I was wondering...

... Would anyone be curious to pick up a White Wolf tabletop RPG, and learn with me? Unfortunately, this might mean a little more work for Sami, since the White Wolf games require TEN-Sided dice, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hassle if enough people take an interest.

One of the nifty things about the White Wolf games, is that they mesh very easily. It doesn't take much effort to meld two different White Wolf branches together. For instance, you could be playing Werewolf, but someone can introduce their Vampire character into the same world (though, the chances that they'd be allies is slim if not null...). Most of the branches tend to end up as enemies or rivals, but it isn't entirely unheard of for Werewolves to associate with, say, Mages, Hunters, or Changelings. In the end, the relations between races comes down to individual preference, and general group dynamics (certain Tribes in Werewolf might get along better with certain groups of Mages or Changelings, etc).

If you're curious about any specific branch (besides Hunter), I can give you a general breakdown about them. I'd really appreciate an RP buddy, and the campaigns can both be enthralling and enduring, with reoccurring characters. Yeah, I wouldn't make you start a new character EACH campaign unless you chose- in fact, once certain characters reached some level of renown or accomplishment, it'd be interesting to see them come back later to act as mentors and such to younger, newer characters.

Just have fun with it, give it a shot.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : White Wolf Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

White Wolf Empty Re: White Wolf

Post by Sasami Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Making a ten-sided die is no problem, although it won't have images unless someone makes them.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : White Wolf Dpmfa321

Post by Ninja Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Lulz, Dice commission?

What's the size requirement? I might be able to conjure something up >_>
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : White Wolf Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Well, it's not gonna matter whether we've got the dice or not if no one's interested. :\
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sagehawk Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 pm

well im interested... the thing is I know nothing about it at all haha

Sponsored content