Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

NO ESCAPE

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : NO ESCAPE Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

NO ESCAPE Empty NO ESCAPE

Post by Shine Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:51 pm

I just can't run away from Pokemon.

I mean, I just don't have anything else to do. There's nowhere I can just GO to make new friends, and I'm almost completely broke right now. I'm TRYING to get a job so I can actually get some cash (and meet new people), but no one's calling me back, and even if I call them first, they either "haven't gotten my application yet" or tell me that I FAILED the personality test or something.

How do you fail a god damn personality test? I was being completely honest, so to FAIL a personality test is like telling me that I'll NEVER get a job there unless I'm a damn liar.

So, I'm STILL here, STILL playing Pokemon (not really playing, actually, just doing a lot of theory...), cause I really just don't have any other options at the moment. I can only play ReChain for so long before needing to do something else. Pokemon just doesn't bore me for some reason. Even Brawl holds my attention for less time than Pokemon.

I also notice I lost my title as "strategy dojo sensei," which is probably for the best. I think maybe one person actually bothered to challenge my dojo, anyway, so yeah. I thought bein' a sensei for an early dojo would probably get me a little more action, but obviously, that wasn't the case.

My hands are cold... I have no gloves, so my hands are starting to freeze up. I'm using the backspace key, like, fifty times more than usual, and it hurts to bend my fingers.

On the bright side, I came home to a copy of "Tales of the Beedle Bard" on my bed last night, so that'll help give me something to do... Also, I'll probably try to find some posts I can make legit replies to since I'd really like to evolve my Flaaffy. I think I might cough up the yen to get a Silver sprite, too, since that was always my favorite Ampharos... Would've liked to get that Surskit, even if Masquerain IS kinda lame.

Anyone want the Seedot?
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : NO ESCAPE Dpmfa280

NO ESCAPE Empty Re: NO ESCAPE

Post by Prostiboots Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:11 pm

I'll trade you Slugma for the Seedot.

Very Happy
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:25 pm

The Popular Pauper wrote:I'll trade you Slugma for the Seedot.

Very Happy
    Well, Magcargo's cute, so sounds like a good trade to me. Just PM Sami about it.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Shine wrote:
    The Popular Pauper wrote:I'll trade you Slugma for the Seedot.

Very Happy
    Well, Magcargo's cute, so sounds like a good trade to me. Just PM Sami about it.
    xD

She'll just read this, and be like "Alrighty"
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : NO ESCAPE Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:26 pm

You lost your title because you said you left and quit Pokemon. Meaning, we needed a new sensei for that dojo, of course.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Sasami wrote:You lost your title because you said you left and quit Pokemon. Meaning, we needed a new sensei for that dojo, of course.
    Well, I don't have any problem with it. XD;

I wasn't getting the battles I was hoping for, anyway. Heck, I still don't have a better UU team to use in the UU Dojo... XD;
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!

Post by Sagehawk Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Rule number one about applying for jobs....

LIE OH THE GOD DAMN PERSONALITY TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GODS SAKE FUCKING LIE!!!

when you take that your life is sunshine and rainbows... remember that... now go apply over again.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : NO ESCAPE Dpmfa368

Post by Sasami Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Suen wrote:Rule number one about applying for jobs....

LIE OH THE GOD DAMN PERSONALITY TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GODS SAKE FUCKING LIE!!!

when you take that your life is sunshine and rainbows... remember that... now go apply over again.

Agreed.
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : NO ESCAPE Dpmfa490

Post by Shiki Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:22 pm

The personality tests are not there to be honest, or then almost no one would have a job. I've worked at Target, Mervyn's, and currently Best Buy, and every single one of their personality tests have an incredibly primitive scoring system. And yes, you are being scored on your personality.

First rule is, like Sage said, to pretend as if you are the happiest, most moral, wholesome person on the planet. One question I remember on all three that really stuck out was something akin to, "You discover a colleague and friend of yours is pocketing merchandise, and you immediately tell your supervisor", and then has that bullshit Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree point system. Now honestly, no one is going to fucking narc on their friend for taking store materials because that is a bitch move and you have effectively made an enemy out of someone close to you, but for this test, they want you to do the "right thing" and tell on them. Always answer the question in the way that benefits the company the most, not your peers. Sad but true.

Second rule is that because the point system is so retarded, it's wise to answer as many as possible Strongly answers. You are expected to score a certain amount, so if there's a question that is very obviously positive, don't answer moderately, you should always strongly agree with it. Inversely, if there is a question you are unsure how to answer, again, do not answer honestly, that will fuck you over. Use whatever choice is the neutral one, you do not earn, but you also do not lose any points for that.

Remember that they want an outgoing, cheery, bubbly marionette of a human being, not someone with an actual personality, you'll never get a job unless you put on that mask at least throughout all the interviews. If I can do it, anyone can.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Prostiboots Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:41 am

Yeah, I worked at Target, too.