Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

3 posters

You just got CAWpwned!

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : You just got CAWpwned! Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

You just got CAWpwned! Empty You just got CAWpwned!

Post by Shine Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:40 pm

I threw this together yesterday on a whim and ended up with something very potent. I've been doing very well in most all my matches.

You just got CAWpwned! Honchkrow
    Al Cawpwnd @Focus Sash
    -Heat Wave
    -Sucker Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Superpower
    Insomnia, Naughty
    252 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 6 HP

Honchkrow makes a REALLY good anti-lead. Gengar and Smeargle can't put it to sleep because of Insomnia, Sashed Azelf and Gengar get 2HKO'd between Night Slash and Sucker Punch, Scizor gets OHKO'd by Heat Wave, T-Tar gets OHKO'd by Superpower, etc. The only thing it has any real trouble with is Hippowdon, because of Sand Stream and high Def. Besides that, it works out famously. I've been meaning to make a Honchkrow with this name for a while, because it's 100% win.

You just got CAWpwned! Steelix
    Pitfall @Leftovers
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion
    -Roar
    Rock Head, Impish
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def

This thing has been working out amazingly. It takes so much abuse, and I can really screw people over with Roar, particularly Scizor, since they don't pack Superpower as often as they should. The Water and Fire weaknesses are covered just fine. I've actually got two good switch ins for that, so it has quite a bit of survivability. Hits surprisingly hard, thanks to STAB'd EQ, and with no EV investment and a beneficial nature, it surpasses Cloyster in Def. Nickname's from the old videogame, Pitfall... Sega version, specifically. Very Happy

You just got CAWpwned! 171
    Bishop @Leftovers
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    Volt Absorb, Calm
    40 HP, 136 Sp.Atk, 252 Sp.Def, 80 Spd

Yeah, it's a Smogon set, but I got lazy, and it's not like Lanturn can do much else, y'know? Bishop acts as an incredible sponge for incoming Ice Beams, Surfs, Hydro Pumps, T-bolts and the likes. It can even take some physical attacks that it resists... It makes for a great Heatran counter, cause Earthpower from a ScarfRan only 3HKOs. Assuming it doesn't get haxed by Air Slash (which it normally does, but that's why there are SIX Pokemon on the team. Very Happy), it handles Skymin nicely. Bishop is named for the synthetic from Aliens, but he prefers the term "artificial person." Very Happy

You just got CAWpwned! 127
    Brutus @Choice Scarf
    -Earthquake
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    Mold Breaker, Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Pinsir makes a RIDICULOUSLY awesome Scarf user, as I've known for a while. I mainly put Pinsir on the team seeing that I had a big Ground weakness, and knowing that Al would probably go down early, so I've got Pinisir for that resistance when I need it. Besides that, it OHKO's and outruns Scarfran, and people love switching Rotom and Gengar and the likes into EQ's, because no one else really uses Pinsir, so they don't really know about Mold Breaker. He doesn't outrun ScarfGar, but he can take a Shadow Ball, which is good enough. Brutus is named for Caesar's assassin.

You just got CAWpwned! Mismagius
    Hairpin @Leftovers
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pain Split
    -WillOWisp
    Levitate, Timid
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Another EQ immunity, which also gives me Fighting and Normal immunity. Great switch in for coming Explosions and the likes... WillOWisp is great for physical sweepers and walls, of course... Substitute kills my HP, and then Pain Split brings it back while killing the opponent's HP. Shadow Ball just gives it a STAB attack. This may be one of the weakest and yet most useful Pokemon on the team. Hairpin is named for that witch on Looney Toons who leaves a bunch of bobbypins behind when she dashes off. I think her name was Hazel.

You just got CAWpwned! Dpmfa334
    Erlinda @Leftovers
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roost
    -Toxic
    Natural Cure, Sassy
    238 HP, 200 Def, 72 Sp.Atk

Altaria's interesting. She has a good amount of survivability, but she can still deal a good bit of damage. Normally, I would max her HP, and then put the last 58 EVs in Sp.Def, but with that 72 Sp.Atk, she can OHKO Scizor with Fire Blast, so that kinda makes her my secondary Scizor counter- it also serves a secondary purpose of countering Steel types which will wall both Dragon Claw AND Toxic. Roost lets it outstall things with Toxic... It can apparently take a STAB'd Ice Shard, cause it only took 55% from an Obamasnow with it. Nifty! Erlinda's named for my grandmother.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

You just got CAWpwned! Empty Re: You just got CAWpwned!

Post by Shine Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 am

Someone should gimme a little feedback... >>;
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : You just got CAWpwned! Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:25 pm

It's good.

You post everyteam here, and yet, you still grade yourself more then any of us.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and face me in weather!
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Tobi wrote:It's good.

You post everyteam here, and yet, you still grade yourself more then any of us.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and face me in weather!
    Buh...?

Also, Ryu hasn't gotten me my weather team yet. Hopefully, he'll get it to me after school today. We can have it on Shoddy if you like, though.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : You just got CAWpwned! Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:34 pm

I dislike shoddy.

Anyway, good game man.

I'd love to play you with this team.

(Not on shoddy)
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 pm

HAY SHADE

SHADESHADESHADE

HAY

LISTEN

You said the Altaria's shitty. What would you change about it? It's been workin' out all right so far, but yeah. Any better idea? Natural Cure rocks, and a mini Scizor counter is always nice. What would you replace it with? Or would you just fix the EVs?
    Zeph
    Zeph

Male
    Number of posts : 897
    Yen : 8,600
    User's Pokemon : You just got CAWpwned! Dpmfa407

Post by Zeph Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 pm

A 239 Sp.Atk Altaria Flamethrower, against a Min. Scizor is an OHKO (Which most of the Scizors have for EV spreads)

Fire Blast is gonna bite you with it's accuracy, in which Scizor can SD and OHKO you with Bullet Punch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:41 am