Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

+2
Tobi
Zenith
6 posters

Heat, punching and anger

Heat, punching and anger Empty Heat, punching and anger

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:57 pm

it seams as if in platinum everything with wings can use heat wave, anything with arms and use an element punch and anything big can use outrage. I'm seeing some pretty cheap movesets coming out soon.

btw serebii now has plat move tutor moves in pokedex entry
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa282
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Heat, punching and anger Empty Re: Heat, punching and anger

Post by Zenith Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Finally.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Zihark wrote:it seams as if in platinum everything with wings can use heat wave, anything with arms and use an element punch and anything big can use outrage. I'm seeing some pretty cheap movesets coming out soon.

btw serebii now has plat move tutor moves in pokedex entry

I say sweet, this will be fun.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:Finally.
    This.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Is.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa321

Post by Ninja Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Platinum!
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:15 am

Some of these Pokemon REALLY deserve these attacks, or at least they should already have had them since D/P came out... Others don't really need them, and if you ask me, half of them probably SHOULDN'T get them...

I notice a LOT of Pokemon getting Sucker Punch all of a sudden. Victreebel, Golem, Electrode, Hitmonlee, Mew, Lanturn, Umbreon, Girafarig, Corsola, Houndoom, Stantler, Hitmontop, Shiftry, Slaking, Shedinja, Seviper, Kecleon, Huntail, Latias, all Wormadam forms, Drifblim, Purugly, Skuntank, Dusknoir, Froslass, and Rotom.

There are a couple things here I don't understand... Like, why is it that HitmonTOP and HitmonLEE get Sucker Punch, a PUNCHING attack, and HitmonCHAN, the PUNCHING POKEMON, doesn't? Also, I don't think it's really necessary for Shedinja and Dusknoir to get Sucker Punch. I don't think it really makes much sense on Electrode, Lanturn, Girafarig, Corsola, Houndoom, Huntail, Wormadam, Drifblim, or Rotom, either. They don't really have the Atk stat for it, or they just plain don't really need it.
    Now, if you look at Shiftry, Seviper, Kecleon, or Skuntank... THEY deserve Sucker Punch. Shiftry and Skuntank get STAB, while Seviper and Kecleon just have the stats to run it, and run it well. Golem doesn't really NEED it I don't think, same for Victreebel, but I don't object to him having it.

A LOT of things are getting Trick- I think it's gonna be the move that finally bumps Clefable into BL. Wish first turn, get Toxic, Trick to deny a Pokemon their item and cripple them at the same time. It's Knock Off, Safe Guard, Toxic/WillOWisp, and Covet all in one.

All I can say about the Punches is that most Pokemon that got 'em probably won't have room for them. They will be looking out for more important attacks. I honestly can't see Luke running anything on a physical set but CC, Crunch, ExSpeed, and SD. I CAN say, though, that I have no objection to the punches. They're not FANTASTIC, they're BALANCING. I assume this and the Outrage epidemic are just Nintendo's way of helping balance out the Garchomp overuse, which is really actually ironic considering that he's Uber now...

Aqua Tail, Gunk Shot, and Seed Bomb all may be seen more often on a wide variety of Pokemon. Seed Bomb helps Donphan with its Water weakness- but how many people will be willing to replace EQ (STAB), Ice Shard (Ice Priority), Stealth Rock (versatile entry hazard), or Rapid Spin (REMOVE versatile entry hazard), for Seed Bomb, when they can just switch into something else that can handle the situation more effectively? The same idea really applies to any Pokemon that gets those moves now. Don't be surprised if you see it, though... In fact, prepare for it. Plat's new, so we dunno how people will handle it.

I honestly think Nintendo foresaw Clefable's rise in power with Trick, and so they made a Gastro Acid tutor. Toxic Orb is the most common Fable hold item, and a lot of people don't realize that even though Fable's not taking damage because of Magic Guard, it doesn't change that Toxic is still ticking. Gastro Acid will put a dent in Clefable's survivability by negating Magic Guard... After a couple turns, Toxic really starts building up, and will eventually force a switch. It's just speculation, but so far, looks like Nintendo finally did something right.

It seems like pretty much every Flying type is getting Heat Wave, and I have NO clue why. I can only see it used as a substitute for Hidden Power Fire on Toxistall sets. Most of the Pokemon that get Heat Wave won't really benefit from it, so I don't see much more than a stupid gimmick, or some kind of inside joke at Nintendo, maybe.

Access to Ironhead may cut down on Togekiss' monopoly on Flinchax (with the exception of Dunsparce). I don't see too much utility in it for most Pokemon, but some might have fun with it.

Pokemon that will find Outrage worthless: Venusaur, Blastoise, Meganium, Ampharos. Anyone else MIGHT find a BIT of utility in that it'll probably one or 2HKO the occasional Dragon.

Pretty much anything that gets Superpower benefits from it. *coughFLAREONcough*.

That's it for me.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:00 am

Just wanted to point out something about moves that seem "weird" for certain Pokemon. A lot of these moves have totally different names in Japanese.

"Magnet Rise" doesn't make sense on Pokemon like Jolteon and Luxray but in Japan it's called "Electrolevitate". "Sucker Punch" is "Surprise Attack", "Heat Wave" is "Hot Wind", etc.

Speaking of Heat Wave, the main Pokemon that will benefit from it IMO are Zapdos and Nasty Plot Crobat =). I plan to try out the last Pokemon myself, actually.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 am

Trick won't move Clefable to BL.

Move slot syndrome is a biggie on Clefable, and Trick just won't see that much usage.

=/
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Heat, punching and anger Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 pm

Sagechild wrote:Trick won't move Clefable to BL.

Move slot syndrome is a biggie on Clefable, and Trick just won't see that much usage.

=/

Trick won't see much usage, eh?

Played Shoddy recently?

;_; EVERYTHING is running Trick right now, hahaha. It's ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:00 am