Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

3 posters

Check these out!

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Check these out! Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Check these out! Empty Check these out!

Post by Shine Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm

So, I've come across a couple anime/manga that are... Well, very A+! You would do well to look into them!

The first, I believe Zeph has previously recommended.

Soul Eater revolves around a small group of young teens at a school called Shibusen, which trains their students to prevent the resurrection of the Demon God. Of the students, there are Meisters and Weapons. Weapons, while usually in human form, take on the appearance and functionality of a weapon when need be. Meisters are the human partners which wield those weapons. Students are paired up based on how well their souls "resonate" with each other. Their ultimate goal is to collect 99 souls of those who have become potential new Demon Gods, and then the soul of a single Witch, in order to bring their weapon to their next stage in evolution- turning them into a Deathscythe, a weapon of Death himself (who frequently makes appearances in the anime and manga, being the creator and owner of Shibusen).
    Soul Eater is BIG on laughs, and balances it out with an appropriate amount of serious stuff. The characters are equally easy to hate and like at the same time for their various traits, and entirely well-made. I'd definitely recommend Soul Eater to anyone interested in anime or manga.

The next anime/manga...

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei! (hereafter referred to as "SZS"). SZS is primarily about a school teacher with particularly quirky habits. For a start, he's perpetually in despair about every small and ordinarily negligible detail in the world, and each instance of extreme despair causes him to attempt suicide. As far as I know, he hasn't actually killed himself yet. As such, he is given plenty of time over the course of the anime/manga to learn to cope with his bizarre class. Almost every member of his class is female, and they all seem to have some sort of ridiculous quirk of their own, such as being a hikikomori (a horribly timid shut-in and agoraphobic person), obsessively stalking boyfriends, or being horribly OCD and requiring perfection for every little thing (such as making sure both of your socks are the same height).
    SZS has an interesting art style, and is 100% comedic gold. If most anything in anime or manga tends to tickle your funny bone, SZS is about the epitome of hilarity. I definitely recommend you check it out- particularly the anime.

Conveniently, both of these are available at http://www.animeseason.com ! Feel free to check it out- I tend to watch a little something from there everyday!
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Check these out! Dpmfa282

Check these out! Empty Re: Check these out!

Post by Zenith Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Shine wrote:So, I've come across a couple anime/manga that are... Well, very A+!
    A+, huh?

I've had both of these recommended to me. I might read Soul Eater at some point in the future.
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : Check these out! Dpmfa490

Post by Shiki Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Zetsubou-sensei is probably one of my favorite anime of all time. It has harem comedy elements without all the stereotypical bullshit, like the neutered, useless male lead, and the beautiful-yet-mysteriously-in-love-with-average-protagonist females.

But then again, Studio SHAFT is pretty much on point when it comes to anime adaptations. The running joke on places like /a/ is that they also have a frequent flow of marijuana running through their building, as the OPs/EDs are always ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content