Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

OH HAY FROSLASS

musicalbento
    musicalbento

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    User's Pokemon : OH HAY FROSLASS Dpmfa004
    Registration date : 2010-04-03

OH HAY FROSLASS Empty OH HAY FROSLASS

Post by musicalbento Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:27 pm

OH HAY FROSLASS

OH HAY FROSLASS 14v7ne9 OH HAY FROSLASS I77ecp OH HAY FROSLASS 2ibm1qh OH HAY FROSLASS 1zqx0l0 OH HAY FROSLASS Ta3qki OH HAY FROSLASS 385

I don't exactly remember where I got this Froslass set from, but I do love Froslass, and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot team-wise, so here's something I whipped together. I hope it's not as bad as I think it is.

-----------------------------

OH HAY FROSLASS 67mr9w
    Froslass w/ Focus Sash ~ Timid
    EVs: 4HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Destiny Bond
    ~ Ice Beam

Well, I figure this is pretty self-explanatory. Granted it'll only be able to set up one round of spikes for the most part, at least it's guaranteed that, and I figure it'd be a nice little switch up from using Aerodactyl. ._. And I could still kill something else with it.

OH HAY FROSLASS Zwktwg
    Marowak w/ Thick Club ~ Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Earthquake

Copy-Pasta'd from Smogon. There isn't much one can do with a Marowak anyway... ._.

OH HAY FROSLASS 2dcj0jp
    Jolteon w/ Leftovers ~Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Substitute
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Grass

Do I need to explain?

OH HAY FROSLASS Rs7cdc
    Snorlax w/ Leftovers ~Careful
    EVs: 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
    ~ Curse
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Rest
    ~ Counter

The EVs come straight from Smogon, but I figured substituting in Counter would help to whittle down some of the things that may switch into Snorlax. I MAY switch it back for Body Slam, since Dragonite could definitely use the help from it...

OH HAY FROSLASS 15xpfma
    Dragonite w/ Leftovers ~Adamant
    EVs: 224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe

~ Roost
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Dragon Dance

Copy-Pasta from Smogon. I switched out Earthquake for Thunderpunch because of Snorlax, obviously this may change if I switch out Counter on that set.

OH HAY FROSLASS 28bw61j
    Jirachi w/ Light Clay ~Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD

~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Wish

Copy-Pasta from Smogon. I figured my team could use the defense.

I'd appreciate any and all advice/critiques/what-have-you as this is my first team I've done on my own (for the most part).
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : OH HAY FROSLASS Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

OH HAY FROSLASS Empty Re: OH HAY FROSLASS

Post by Sasami Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:53 pm

The sets are fine but the issue is lack of a unifying strategy. The team is sort of bulky offense but it's basically Pokemon thrown together. I'm also not sure why you're using Spikes as opposed to Stealth Rock, does someone on the team need Spikes to be up?

Jirachi is set-up fodder, I would use it as your lead or give it a better way of attacking (Iron Head would probably work out best).

That Froslass set is great but I don't think it'll work out in OU, the set was designed for UU. Trick leads will cripple it, Jirachi/Aerodactyl leads will destroy it, Scizor can kill it whenever he wants, etc. If you want to use Froslass in OU, don't use it as your lead.

If you like the idea of Taunt/entry hazards, look into Aerodactyl. I also feel like you'd enjoy using lead Jirachi with Trick/Stealth Rock/U-Turn/Iron Head. Instead of using Taunt, you simply Trick on a choice item (usually a scarf) to cripple their set-up lead.

I like the idea you had of supporting Dragonite with entry hazards and paralysis. Maybe throw Thunder Wave on a couple of Pokemon to help out (Jolteon could even do that and most people wouldn't expect it). If you don't want EQ on 'Nite, use Fire Punch instead. Electric/Dragon isn't good coverage. EQ is still a good move, though, since it helps against Heatran.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:30 am