Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

ShoddySun

Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : ShoddySun Dpmfa321
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

ShoddySun Empty ShoddySun

Post by Ninja Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 am

So, I really wanted to make a team with some new awesomesauce HG/SS moves after I found out that they're available on Smogon server, and this is the end product of that desire. You should know that I had to doggedly repress my instinct to make a CurseCradily =P

Anyways, I was scrolling through the new moves on Smogon and I noticed that Victreebel gets WEATHER BALL! How awesome is /that/!?

Thus is how the impetus to create MY FIRST EVER SUNNY DAY TEAM THAT IS NOT A COMPLETE FAILURE was born.

Caution: Lulziness ensues.

ShoddySun Dpmfa071

Ivy @ Focus Sash
    Modest, Chlorophyll
    -Energy Ball
    -Weather Ball
    -Hidden Power (Rock)
    -Sunny Day
    252 Speed, 252 S.Atk, 4 HP

Yes yes, it had to be Victreebel. <3
    I originally thought that the Grass/Fire combo was so kickass that I accidentally only put three moves on it and of course Grass/Fire doesn't help very much when your opponent has a lead Charizard. >_> So, I decided HP Rock would help me cover that little temporary lapse of judgement of mine. xD

Of course, the next battle had me against a lead Infernape, gimme a breeeeaaaaak.

This is the pokemon that started it all....the rest of the team was just sort of....vomited up. You'll see that in the next pokemon. =P

ShoddySun Dpmfa357

Wiley @ Leftovers
    Jolly, Chlorophyll
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Aerial Ace
    -Body Slam
    200 Def, 200 S.Def, 108 Speed

What are you looking at me like that for? I really wanted to see if it would work...>_>

I was seriously tempted to Orb him, but I think Lefties is a good choice.

In order for it to get ANY use out of Chlorophyll, it pretty much has to have a Speed+ Nature and some EVs. And Dragon Dance for when Sunny Day runs out. -_-

It's a real shame that he doesn't get any good physical grass moves, but I guess the chance for parahax is a plus.

I'm not going to lie, this thing hasn't worked very well in the few matches I've done so far. It's supposed to be like BulkyDDGyara....but it isn't. xD I might move the Speed EVs into Attack and see how much better it does.

ShoddySun Dpmfa465

Gumby? @ Heat Rock
    Sassy, Leaf Guard
    -Sunny Day
    -Ancientpower
    -Brick Break
    -Synthesis
    252 S.Def, 128 HP, 128 Def

So, I figured since this thing is basically a wall I should make it the one who is supposed to reliably set up Sunny Day, thus the Heat Rock.

Okay, yeah, Toxic might be a better idea than Synthesis, but I don't have another healing outlet since I have Heat Rock instead of lefties. Chlorophyll is pretty redundant, so I went with something that at least might help every once in a while. I'll try to remember to switch it in when I predict Blissey T-waves and the like, maybe?

Its offensive stats are still decent with the neutral nature and without EVs so I have one Special and one Physical attack. Ancientpower gets Bugs, Fire switch-ins, and Flying types while Brick Break helps with Steels and destroys screens (and hits unsuspecting Bliss). Yup, no Solarbeam.

ShoddySun Dpmfa351

Epic @ Choice Specs
    Timid, Forecast
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Energy Ball
    252 S.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

YES IT'S CASTFORM, DEAL WITH IT.

*Ahem*

Castform could seriously use an evolution....anyways, it's fire type when Sunny Day is up, but it can still pack a punch without the boosted Flamethrower. I'd Orb it but then it really wouldn't be powerful enough because of the low base stat, and I don't want it to be taking too much damage either. It has obviously outstanding coverage, but is SR weak when Sunny Day is up. Lame.

ShoddySun Dpmfa068

Titan @ Leftovers
    Careful, No Guard
    -Power Trick
    -Bulk Up
    -Ice Punch
    -Dynamicpunch
    252 S.Def, 252 HP, 4 Atk

I figured I'd have this for something that at least resists Stealth Rock. Plus, I reeeeaallly wanted to use Power Trick. xD

It's kinda gimmicky, but still works. The idea is to make Machamp Bulky by making its attack stat into its defense stat and maxing out its S.Def and HP. Thus, Wallchamp. Special Machamp would be proud. Lulz.

It doesn't always work that way, however. Most of the time I switch in to something and go for a couple of Bulk Ups to get a kill before I Power Trick. Ice Punch will get annoying Dragons, and Dynamicpunch confuses even if it isn't very effective. This could give me some free turns to set up, as well. Yay, No Guard. =P

ShoddySun Dpmfa243

Thorain @ Leftovers
    Calm, Pressure
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Magnet Rise
    -Roar
    252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 S.Def

Okay, so I've been getting really fed up with losing to stupid Baton Pass teams on Shoddy lately, and I decided that I needed a phazer for the last slot on my team. However, I also wanted a special wall. I know that Raikou is a relatively good special wall, and it can also learn Roar.

Awwwright, Raikou!

Problem is, I /also/ wanted it to have HP Dark to get threatening Psychics that might be problematic for Machamp and Victreebel (and I wanted to be able to hit Ground types). In the end, I had to settle with this set, which gives him the ability to get Magnet Rise up before slower pokemon (lolMetagross, Tyrant-tar, etc.) can EQ. It has been pretty helpful when I need to get things out of the way, though. Surprisingly, it has even swept a couple of teams already after getting some CMs up and Magnet Rising to avoid EQs. Plus, I never thought it would be so fun to see people go "WtfRaikoucanlearnMagnetRise?!?!" =D I guess just not that many people expect Raikou...

Raaaaaaikooooooouuuuuu is still beeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssst!

Revenge killer Dugtrio eats this thing for breakfast, though. Lame.

I AM RAIKOU, HEAR ME ROAR!

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:39 am