Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

+3
Sagehawk
Zenith
Shine
7 posters

What a Tweest

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

What a Tweest Empty What a Tweest

Post by Shine Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:46 pm

For those of you whom I haven't told, a quick preface:

Around February, I came home from school one day to find my mother in tears, and she said she had something important to tell me. It turns out that the father I've known all my life is, in fact, my ADOPTED father. My biological father (who I didn't know about till then) died being hit by a car while helping a friend unload furniture from a moving truck. Mom and dad decided I had to know about this, because if I wasn't aware of him, I would never receive the inheritance: a few personal possessions, and a whopping $125,000 life insurance policy, of which I was the sole beneficiary.

So, I got in contact with the wife of my biological father, Jennifer. We had a nice chat a couple times, though there was a period where we couldn't talk because she was going to West Virginia for her sister's funeral, who had also recently passed away. After a while, we were able to get in contact again, and I gave her my contact information- home and cellphone numbers, address, etc. She needed them to send me the paperwork with information about the inheritance and how I'd go about claiming it.

Months have passed. I received no paperwork, and any calls I made to her, my biological father's own father, or my siblings (one of which I have the number for) went unanswered, with no pick up, and no returns.

Yesterday, sitting at school and chatting with friends, I get a call... But I'm a little anxious about this particular call. I know the area code- 423, a Georgia number (I recognized it from the calls I had with the wife of my deceased biological father). However, I don't know the rest of the number, it's foreign to me. So, I answer, say "hello?" and they ask me, "is this Christopher Johns?" I say, "Err, yes, may I ask who this is?"

"Okay, I'm gonna have to ask you to hear me out... As far as I know, I am your biological father. I faked my death so that I could get in contact with you."

So, my biological father, as it turns out, is ALIVE, and faked his death (illegally) in order to get my contact information. Over the course of the call, he notified me that there WAS an inheritance, and that he's terminally ill with Lupus. He was given a six month expiration date about six months ago, so he has very little time to live. Now I have the choice of either going to visit him and my siblings in Georgia, or to let him come here to see me.

This is HUGE. This is RIDICULOUSLY and OVERWHELMINGLY huge. I call mom and tell her what's happened ("I KNEW it. I fucking KNEW the sunuvvabitch was still alive! That's EXACTLY the kind of thing he would do!"), and I let my teacher know I'm skipping my last class so I can go home and think about this stuff. Mom arrives literally right behind me.

It's at this point that I sit down to have another chat with mom. Over the course of this chat, I learn that my biological father is insane, and a pathological liar. Apparently, when they were under the impression he was dead, my parents decided it wasn't important that I know psychological issues RUN IN MY FAMILY- at least, my father's half. My mother's half is just strange. Anyway, so, mom calls Grandma to gloat ("I was RIGHT. The sunuvvabitch is ALIVE"), and Grandma makes some calls (one to my biological father's own father, several to the family because she likes to gossip). It's then that we find out that my biodad's been "terminally ill" with a VARIETY of conditions SEVERAL times over the last few years. Kidney failure, Lupus, cancer, heart disease... Oh, his wife and kids are all crazy liars, too. Also, I looked up some info on Lupus online... It's usually considered a woman's disease. Not only that, but it's usually only found in women of COLOR.

So... Now I have an insane 30 somethin' year old man from GEORGIA with a bunch of crazy offspring and a crazy wife... And they have my address. And I'm alone in the house for two days because my parents went to go gamble in Louisiana for two days.

The only part that really bothers me? There's probably no inheritance. I can kiss any hopes of paying off my financial aid goodbye.

FML.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa282

What a Tweest Empty Re: What a Tweest

Post by Zenith Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, fuck, that sounds like a bad soap opera or something.

I see that your last name isn't Truman, which means that it probably isn't a show of any kind that is being made without your permission.

Also, it's never lupus.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:24 pm

Zenith wrote:Well, fuck, that sounds like a bad soap opera or something.

I said the same thing.

Funny part, I CONSIDERED the possibility that he faked his death after not having gotten any response for so long. Then I waved off that idea thinking, "no, this is real life, not some daytime soap opera..."

Moar FML.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Your life is fucked up, man.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sagehawk Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:48 pm

wait.... you're SERIOUS!?
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh, wow, Chris. This just gets more and more messed up. I'm always here if you need to talk, that's crazy.
    Prostiboots
    Prostiboots
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 3306
    Yen : 1000000
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa280

Post by Prostiboots Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Seriously?

That seriously happened?

Wow, your life is sooooo fucked, to the point where I can't eve feel bad for you, you're just that fucked.

good luck.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa321

Post by Ninja Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:53 am

Oh gawd.....that's just.....wow.

Man, you need a break. >_<
    iskalla
    iskalla
    Little Cup Sensei
    Little Cup Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 236
    Yen : 35800
    User's Pokemon : What a Tweest Dpmfa445
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by iskalla Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 am

forget a break, you need a prolonged vacation of about 3-4 years. But seriously, that is all f'd up...i feel for you tho. Seen some crazy shit happen so im here for you if you ever wanna talk, right after sami.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:43 am