Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Roar HAX

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Roar HAX Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Roar HAX Empty Roar HAX

Post by Shine Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I just got a really weird idea for a Doubles team... Well, really just a weird combination of things. It's not really usable, but I thought it'd be funny, assuming you had the right setup.

Granbull @Choice Scarf
    -Sleep Talk
    -Roar
    -NOTHING!
    -NOTHING!
    Quick Feet, Jolly
    252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Def

So we all know by now that Sleep Talk negates the fact that Roar and Whirlwind always go second, right? Soooo... With a Choice Scarf and Quick Feet activated, Granbull breaks 400 Spd... In Doubles, use something like Spore or Sleep Powder on Granbull and start Roaring away! You could Roar what you thought was threatening with Sleep Talk, and disable something else with Sleep Powder or Stun Spore.

Now throw Stealth Rock and Spikes into the mix. Mightyena and Ursaring can do it, too. I think it'd be interesting to try out some time. A good choice to put the Roaring Three to sleep would probably be Persian first and foremost for the fact that it can outrun plenty of things and Taunt anything that tries to Taunt you.

I say no Rest because Sleep Talk would then have a chance of using Rest over Roar. The big draw back is that you don't know when you'll wake up. :\
    KOkingpin
    KOkingpin

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Yen : 12000
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Roar HAX Empty Re: Roar HAX

Post by KOkingpin Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:16 pm

the only problem i see with this is that they might not hit him with a sleep move. and Rest is pretty much needed to keep him alive. its worth it to keep him alive. also rest allows him to continue Sleeptalking

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:09 am