Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Iskalla's RMT

iskalla
    iskalla
    Little Cup Sensei
    Little Cup Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 236
    Yen : 35800
    User's Pokemon : Iskalla's RMT Dpmfa445
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Iskalla's RMT Empty Iskalla's RMT

Post by iskalla Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 am

Starmie
    Timid
    Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Thunderbolt
    172 HP, 216 Speed, 120 Sp. Atk
    Wise Glasses

Salamence
    Adamant
    Outrage, Earthquake, Roost, Stone Edge
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    Yache berry

Metagross
    Adamant
    Meteor Mash, Agility, Earthquake, Explosion
    152 Hp, 252 Atk, 104 Spd
    Leftovers

Infernape
    Hasty
    Close Combat, Flamethrower, Vaccuum Wave, Grass Knot
    128 Atk, 128 Sp, Atk, 252 Spd
    Life Orb

Swampert
    Careful
    Earthquake, waterfall, avalanche, Stealth Rock
    236 Hp, 136 def, 136 sp def.
    leftovers

Blissey
    Bold
    Toxic, Flamethrower, Softboiled, Calm Mind
    4 Hp, 252 Def, 252 sp Atk
    leftovers

Last edited by iskalla on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Iskalla's RMT Dpmfa282
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Iskalla's RMT Empty Re: Iskalla's RMT

Post by Zenith Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 am

The main issue with this set is the items for Starmie and Infernape...they're pretty useless. I'd recommend a Specs and Scarf (respectively), or a Life Orb for each if you want to be able to switch moves.

The sets are mostly copypasta from Smogon, so they should be fine (if not a tad predictable)
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Iskalla's RMT Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Team doesn't seem to have any major weaknesses as a whole...

==Starmie==
    I'll be honest and say that this set looks somewhat... Worthless. I'm not sure how you could justify a set like this. I've seen bulky Starmie before with Recover, but I'm not sure this is how you'd go about it. You need to add some descriptions to these Pokemon so we can know what they're supposed to do. For instance, why didn't you invest 252 EVs in Spd? Is there one particular threat you're trying to outrun or something? As for the item, I disagree with Ryu here- considering that Starmie's packing Recover and doesn't pack max Spd, it looks to me like Wise Glasses are a much better choice if you want to boost your damage output- otherwise, I'd go for Leftovers. I would sooner max Spd and Sp.Atk, and invest in Grass Knot over Recover, personally, to help you deal with Swampert.

==Salamence==
    I'm not sure why you have Stone Edge here, really- Outrage and Earthquake pretty much covers everything but Skarmory, in which case, you oughta be packing Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Since this Pokemon has to setup in order to sweep (DD), THIS is probably the Pokemon you wanna bulk up with some extra EVs in HP and Def/Sp.Def- consider how many EVs you need to outrun a specific threat or something after one DD, and how much Atk you need to OHKO the target. You might not even need to pack an Adamant nature, which would reduce your Fire Blast damage. Nowadays, I think Yache's so popular that people usually go for a Dragon attack before an Ice one, so just check that out- see what people go for, and change your item accordingly.

==Metagross==
    I personally think that you might want to pack Explosion here- Metagross would love to sweep for a couple turns after an Agi and then Explode on its last victim. Thunderpunch might grant better coverage against Water types, but with Explosion, you could deal with Water types AND Swampert, which would otherwise wall you pretty soundly.

==Infernape==
    There are several things I'd like to point out here- first off, I agree with Ryu, this thing is dying for a Life Orb. Infernape's fragile enough that it's better off taking the Life Orb recoil and sweeping the target before they can kill it than to wish you had a super effective attack for Expert Belt. Also, keep in mind that Heat Wave has 10 less accuracy than Flamethrower in exchange for FIVE more base power- Flamethrower is much more useful in this case. You should probably invest mainly in Spd and Sp.Atk- Close Combat's strong enough that it doesn't need that much Atk investment to still deal massive damage. I've personally never seen Infernape run Stone Edge- I would sooner run Vacuum Wave.

==Swampert==
    I don't really see any major issues with this set or anything- in fact, it LOOKS pretty solid on paper. We'll see how it works in battle... However, I will say that you should pull sixteen EVs out of HP, and stick it in Sp.Def- assuming max IVs in HP, 236 EVs gets you max Leftovers recovery with Swampert, and anything else is excessive.

==Blissey==
    First and foremost, you should probably ditch Ice Beam for Flamethrower, cause otherwise, Steel types wall you completely. Calm Mind will let you compete better with things like Spiritomb, but consider Heal Bell. I always find it useful to keep a cleric on my team nowadays, because lemme tell you, it REALLY sucks to get your main sweeper paralyzed or Burned. Starmie and Blissey should be fine, thanks to Natural Cure, but everyone else is vulnerable to Thunderwave or WilloWisp.

Moar later, after you upgrade things...
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Iskalla's RMT Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm feeling a tad lazy so I'll give a real rating later but I just wanted to point something extremely important out that no one's mentioned:

You don't have Stealth Rock anywhere on the team! In OU, Stealth Rock has pretty much become a necessity. Swampert, Metagross, Infernape, and Blissey can all run it. Out of those, the only ones on your team that can probably make room are Swampert and Metagross. But since Metagross is trying to sweep, I think Swampert would be a better choice.

If it was me, I wouldn't even bother with Curse on Swampert (it's a difficult strategy to pull off right now, believe me) and I'd instead run something like Stealth Rock/Roar/Earthquake plus either Waterfall, Surf, or Ice Beam (they all have their merits so pick the one that seems best for you--you can always change it).
    iskalla
    iskalla
    Little Cup Sensei
    Little Cup Sensei

Male

Post by iskalla Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:18 pm

hmm....i edited it. didnt meant exp belt for ape...but thanx for the advice on life orb. putting that instead. Think im good with this team for now...we'll see how it goes
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 pm

iskalla wrote:hmm....i edited it. didnt meant exp belt for ape...but thanx for the advice on life orb. putting that instead. Think im good with this team for now...we'll see how it goes
    Since it doesn't look like you changed it, for the sake of my sanity, could I get an explanation for that Starmie set, please? XD

Also, I still personally disagree with Stone Edge on Salamence...

Finally, watch out for Scizor- it doesn't look like you have anything in particular to stop it, besides maybe Starmie, since it's faster and resists Bullet Punch- if you can't OHKO, though, Scizor just kills it with U-Turn. Swampert takes a lot of damage from Superpower after a Swords Dance, trust me... And Infernape might get OHKO'd by Bullet Punch after a SD, but I'm not sure, so do a calc on that...
    iskalla
    iskalla
    Little Cup Sensei
    Little Cup Sensei

Male

Post by iskalla Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 pm

eh starmie just a sp attacker with recover to make up for mishaps in prediction
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Iskalla's RMT Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 pm

It's something I would make (If I was drunk and was trying to hit it but missed bye a little)

First off, why in the hell does a sweeper need HP? They go in fast and strong, trying to make sure they never get hit.

Take out recover, but in what shine said, and hell, fun the SA version of the choice band so it'll hit harder, if it's just a sweeper.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Tobi wrote:It's something I would make (If I was drunk and was trying to hit it but missed bye a little)

First off, why in the hell does a sweeper need HP? They go in fast and strong, trying to make sure they never get hit.

Take out recover, but in what shine said, and hell, fun the SA version of the choice band so it'll hit harder, if it's just a sweeper.
    Starmie's strength is in utility. It can hit pretty much anything that switches in for super effective damage. Choice Specs makes it far to easy to wall. I would sooner stick with the Wise Glasses, and max its Spd and Sp.Atk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:31 am