Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant

Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Dpmfa282
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Empty Re: Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant

Post by Zenith Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 pm

I thought Raigeki was banned. Did you guys play Traditional-style?
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male
    Number of posts : 210
    Yen : 500
    User's Pokemon : Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Dpmfa160
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by Akubarix Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:I thought Raigeki was banned. Did you guys play Traditional-style?
    'Geki wasn't banned until all the posers got into the game. When it first started, nothing was banned. We haven't played in years. I quit playing when they told me Monster Reborn was banned.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 pm

What?

Like hell am I not using it.

The God Cards are banned; That's it.

That's how it should be. (Unless we both have God Cards, then we just use them.)
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Akubarix wrote:
    Lord Ryu wrote:I thought Raigeki was banned. Did you guys play Traditional-style?
    'Geki wasn't banned until all the posers got into the game. When it first started, nothing was banned. We haven't played in years. I quit playing when they told me Monster Reborn was banned.
    Well, when I first started playing there wasn't even a Limited list.

I didn't stop playing until much later, around Lost Millennium or so.

You can't actually use the God cards because they have no real non-flavor text, leaving them all at 0 ATK/0 DEF. Except Obelisk, who says that you can't use him. On the card.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Fuck the card's rules, I have money. (And a dragon shaped plane)
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 1148
    Yen : Infinate Cheat Code ACTIVATE!
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sagehawk Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Akubarix wrote:
    I stopped when they started to made bans on cards. I tried to get back in to it bust then discovered monster reborn was banned. I was like.. FUCK THIS seriously whats the point if all the cards are banned?
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Cuz monster reborn is teh unfair... Even though everyone has like... 10 of the fucking things.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male

Post by Tobi Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 pm

3 card limit for teh win.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:02 pm

I actually liked that they banned some cards, although it made me a little sad when they banned Chaos Emperor Dragon. ):
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Akubarix wrote:Cuz monster reborn is teh unfair... Even though everyone has like... 10 of the fucking things.
    no it isnt... its very fair... if it wasnt they shouldnt of made it.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:35 pm

It really isn't fair with other cards introduced.

Like, you could use something to make you discard cards in your hand including a normally difficult-to-summon card (Chaos Emperor Dragon, if I remember correctly, is a shining example) and then revive it without having to pay the normal cost. You would just need to set Monster Reborn first.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Dpmfa368

Post by Sasami Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Sagehawk wrote:
    Akubarix wrote:Cuz monster reborn is teh unfair... Even though everyone has like... 10 of the fucking things.

I never played Yu-Gi-Oh, but...

Just because they made something doesn't make it fair. Look at Pokemon. Even Nintendo themselves ban the Ubers from their own tournaments because they realize that they're too broken for standard play XD.
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:It really isn't fair with other cards introduced.

Like, you could use something to make you discard cards in your hand including a normally difficult-to-summon card (Chaos Emperor Dragon, if I remember correctly, is a shining example) and then revive it without having to pay the normal cost. You would just need to set Monster Reborn first.
    And what about simply getting a card back? Like getting a card back to sac it. It's something anyone can use and it was a common card. It's not like Mirror Force, a card you'd be lucky to see once every year. I had so many monster reborn I could have used them as TP.

And I believe CED could easily be magic card'd to death. I mean, there are monsters that CAN NOT be summoned unless directed by instructions first. Not like CED, but like this one Zombie Dragon with 3500 attack and 0 defense. You HAD to give up its directions first and if it died, oh well. Out of luck.

Yata ban makes sense. Jinzo ban makes sense... Monster Reborn... No.
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:It really isn't fair with other cards introduced.

but thats just one strategy out of many... it makes the game more exciting. there are plenty of way to counter that. I simple despell card would fix this...
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Sasami wrote:
    Sagehawk wrote:

Just because they made something doesn't make it fair. Look at Pokemon. Even Nintendo themselves ban the Ubers from their own tournaments because they realize that they're too broken for standard play XD.
    I also dissagree ... I dont think even pokemon should ban anything. there has to be stong things as well as weak things. its part of what makes you even greater if you can take down the best things possible presented to you. And ubers in pokemon were made before we could connect with everyone around the world. this is a bit different. For example the legendarys are kind of like getting the best sword in a fighting game. they put them their to help you with the game. card games are quite a bit different. I only allow bans here because pokemon has a problem with everyone having the exact same team. But yu-gi-oh is very different. if everyone is using a certain deck a week later someone has already found a strategy to destroy you so there really is not danger of this in card games.

Its like uno banning draw 4 cards... it makes no sense...
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Yu-gi-oh banned cards rant Dpmfa368

Post by Sasami Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am

Sagehawk wrote:
    Sasami wrote:
    Sagehawk wrote:

I also dissagree ... I dont think even pokemon should ban anything. there has to be stong things as well as weak things. its part of what makes you even greater if you can take down the best things possible presented to you. And ubers in pokemon were made before we could connect with everyone around the world. this is a bit different. For example the legendarys are kind of like getting the best sword in a fighting game. they put them their to help you with the game. card games are quite a bit different. I only allow bans here because pokemon has a problem with everyone having the exact same team. But yu-gi-oh is very different. if everyone is using a certain deck a week later someone has already found a strategy to destroy you so there really is not danger of this in card games.

Well, ban sets are there to make things more fun and interesting. Maybe you personally enjoy having everyone use the same Pokemon, but most people don't want that.

Just because we couldn't connect with everyone through WiFi doesn't mean there weren't tournaments and competetive leagues. Nintendo obviously made the Ubers knowing that they were too strong for regular play--they're even banned in in-game Battle Towers!

Anyways, I might not have any interest in Yu-Gi-Oh (although I did play the Pokemon card game as well as MTG), but if a card instantly gives someone a major advantage over anyone without the card, it would only make sense to ban it. No card game should force people to use a specific card in order to win consistently. Just like how Pokemon shouldn't force people to use a certain species (if all Ubers were un-banned, I think it's safe to assume that this would refer to Kyogre, who even centralizes the Ubers metagame itself!).

No metagame will be truly balanced, and I agree that we shouldn't be so quick to ban things. But sometimes it just has to be done in order to keep things interesting (and allow more strategies).

It's also midnight, so I'm thinking way too much about this (and probably not making sense, rofl).
    Sagehawk
    Sagehawk
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sagehawk Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:25 am

Sasami wrote:
    Sagehawk wrote:
    Sasami wrote:
    Sagehawk wrote:

Well, ban sets are there to make things more fun and interesting. Maybe you personally enjoy having everyone use the same Pokemon, but most people don't want that.

Just because we couldn't connect with everyone through WiFi doesn't mean there weren't tournaments and competetive leagues. Nintendo obviously made the Ubers knowing that they were too strong for regular play--they're even banned in in-game Battle Towers!

Anyways, I might not have any interest in Yu-Gi-Oh (although I did play the Pokemon card game as well as MTG), but if a card instantly gives someone a major advantage over anyone without the card, it would only make sense to ban it. No card game should force people to use a specific card in order to win consistently. Just like how Pokemon shouldn't force people to use a certain species (if all Ubers were un-banned, I think it's safe to assume that this would refer to Kyogre, who even centralizes the Ubers metagame itself!).

No metagame will be truly balanced, and I agree that we shouldn't be so quick to ban things. But sometimes it just has to be done in order to keep things interesting (and allow more strategies).

It's also midnight, so I'm thinking way too much about this (and probably not making sense, rofl).
    I said that bans are fine in pokemon because people tend to make the same damn teams. I was specifically talking about card games. I've played so many... and in everyone one as soon as you made a great deck some one would find a counter. Monster reborn itself can be countered so many ways its not funny. it specifically shouldn't be banned at all. they banned it then made the same card over called it something else and gave it a 1 deck limit and remove from play feature. Which is retarded they could have just put that rule on to monster reborn because now they have a useless card seeing as all card games are for is competitive play(where as pokemon game is not strictly competitive), card games should never make a card that cant be used in the game, it makes no sense.

EDIT: not to mention monster reborn is part of the first set. If it was going to make an issue with a new set they shouldnt have released the new set with conflicts towards the cards already in existance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:07 am