Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

+2
Tobi
Sasami
6 posters

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted)

Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    Rank : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Shutenblackg_2964
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Empty Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted)

Post by Sasami Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Brawl Tournament

Rules

-Single matches, best of three.

-Three stock, five minute time limit.

-You may switch characters between matches.

-The first match should be chosen at random out of one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island.

-For the next match, the loser should pick one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2, Brinstar Depths, Corneria, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Melee).

-The following stages will be completely banned for this tournament: Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Flat Zone 2, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I and II, New Pork City, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware.

-All items must be turned OFF.

Round One

The following members have a bye: Akubarix, Shine

Ninja vs. Ryu

Winner: Ryu

Sasami vs. Shiki

Winner: Sasami

Round Two

Akubarix vs. Ryu

Winner: Ryu

Sasami vs. Shine

Winner: Shine

Finals

Ryu vs. Shine

Deadline to get the match done is March 12th.

Friend Codes:

Akubarix: 5455 9021 0574

Ninja: 0259 4125 0437

Ryu: 4167 4185 4105

Sasami: 4167 4185 4105

Shiki: 1976 9846 3525

Shine: 4296 2711 1964

If your FC is incorrect, please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by Sasami on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    Rank : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Shutenbrowng_3415
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted)

Post by Tobi Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:38 pm

When you have 2 people with byes, shouldn't you just Match Akubarix and Shine together in a match?
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted)

Post by Sasami Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Tobi wrote:When you have 2 people with byes, shouldn't you just Match Akubarix and Shine together in a match?

If I did that, it wouldn't actually get rid of byes...there would just be one next round instead.

I use a computer program for tournaments to keep it totally random (since I'm entering and all), and those were the pairs it gave me.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Yen : 41800
    Rank : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Shutengreeng_3493
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfa321

Post by Ninja Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:17 pm

So wait, is this double elimination or single elimination?

LolRyu.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Ninja wrote:So wait, is this double elimination or single elimination?

LolRyu.

Single elimination, as this is mostly just to see if a Smash Bros. tourney was a good idea :p.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male

Post by Ninja Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Awwww, what if I lose? D=

Well...I'll just have to beat Ryu then. >>
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male
    Number of posts : 210
    Yen : 500
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfa160
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by Akubarix Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Ninja wrote:Awwww, what if I lose? D=
    Then you can take pride in knowing that someone out there ISN'T laughing with you =p.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    Rank : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Shutenblueg_3129
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 pm

lulz. Ninja.

I warn you, I have mad good ROB ninja skillz.

With some Peach.

And maybe some Luigi. And Ike. And like half the cast.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male

Post by Ninja Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Well Samus kicks your butt =P

As does Mario. And Marth. And Donkey Kong. And Jigglypuff. And Ice Climbers. And Gannondorf. And Toon Link. And a little bit of Zelda/Sheik.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:39 pm

looooooooooooooooool, Samus.

Unless it's ZSS you'sa gonna git raped ;D
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male

Post by Ninja Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:looooooooooooooooool, Samus.

Unless it's ZSS you'sa gonna git raped ;D

We shall see about that =D

Then again, I might just pull a random character out of nowhere and be like, "Luuuuulllz."
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Be the Captain! ;D
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Ninja wrote:Well Samus kicks your butt =P

As does Mario. And Marth. And Donkey Kong. And Jigglypuff. And Ice Climbers. And Gannondorf. And Toon Link. And a little bit of Zelda/Sheik.
    If by kicks my butt, you mean is totally hot and is completely top tier in hawtness, then sure.
    Meanwhile, I main characters that make you cry yourself to sleep at night... Bowser does that, right? Bowser? Ah **** it.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Bowser is like E Tier, man.
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:Bowser is like E Tier, man.
    And I'm willing to bet I'd crush you with him.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:14 pm

We'll find out ;3
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 am

I suppose I should actually play Brawl a bit before my match >_>;.

And decide who to use XD. In 64, I was always Pikachu. In Melee, I was always Marth.

But in Brawl, I have like three mains and a kazillion subs >_<;.
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I have 5 mains.
    Wolf, Bowser, Mario, Lucario and Wario.
    And the best part? I can kill people without bowserciding once. I've actually had matches where I went to recover (they were ledge guarding) and THEY pulled us back into the pit X3.

If you want a few matches, I believe I have some of you added on AIM, get ahold of me thar.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I play Bowser sometimes, I enjoy Bowserciding because of the reactions you get from people. It's hilarious how angry some people'll get.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

Male

Post by Ninja Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Ryu, I'm pretty free to Brawl today...
    Akubarix
    Akubarix

Male

Post by Akubarix Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Ninja wrote:Ryu, I'm pretty free to Brawl today...
    You should brawl against me then >=3
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male

Post by Zenith Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I beat Ninja 2-0 with ROB's epic spamming skillz.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Match-ups for round two are now up!!
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female

Post by Sasami Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 am

Deadline to get matches done has extended to March 6th.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (match-ups posted) Dpmfa232

Post by Shine Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 pm

So, what's the deal with this tourney, since NONE OF US got our matches done, apparently?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:15 am