Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

5 posters

Phail Morning

Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Yen : 19310
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfa232
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Phail Morning Empty Phail Morning

Post by Shine Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Copypasta from an LJ entry I just made, cause I'm lazy.

I had sort of a crappy morning (it's technically still morning, being 11:27AM as I type this).

Last night (also technically this morning, being about 2:30AM), I set my alarm for 8:00AM, sure that my first morning class was at 10:00AM- I always give myself two hours to get ready and get there, since I take long showers and it takes about a half-hour to get to school from my house.
    Of course, damn my luck, turns out class was at 9:00AM, not 10:00AM, and I didn't realize it till I woke up around 7:51AM. When I did, though, it was immediate, and in the next nine minutes, I got out of bed, ran to the kitchen, pulled random Tupperware from the fridge, scarfed the contents, poured myself some soy milk (I like soy milk, leave me alone), and then ran to the bathroom to do toiletries.
    Well, since I was so panicked to get to class on time, I actually ended up being a little early. Now, I've got ONE class on Thursdays- just ONE. Elements of Design, pretty much a very basic art class, but on a more professional level. Anyway, I get to the elevator (my class today was on the second floor), and one of my classmates I recognized (we've made conversation a few times before) came up to me and told me that class was CANCELED today.

Well, fuck, I panicked and got all stressed out for nothing. In fact, I also wasted about twenty-five miles worth of gas (an entire day, really, by my standards), and drove a HALF-HOUR to school, only to have to waste the rest of today's gas (I just typically drive to and from TSTC every weekday, and don't really go out on weekends, cause I'm a shut-in D: ), which meant I had to fill up, because my fill-up schedule got all fucked up thanks to the flu (I had filled up on Saturday, then drove Monday, and was out the rest of the week, so my schedule got thrown off by a couple days), so if I had known in advance that the class was canceled, I could've just saved those miles for tomorrow and got back on schedule, but NO... Anyway, onward, cause it gets worse.

So, now I'm pissed, and I've gotta get home. I leave almost immediately after hearing my ONLY class I had driven a half-hour to take was canceled for the day, and then on my way home, I heard a little pop sorta noise (not a BANG, just sort of a little pop), and suddenly, I noticed that, depending on how fast I went, it sounded like a fucking C130 (plane) was RIGHT on top of me or something. So, I panic, and I pull over onto the side of the fucking highway, as far as I can go without curbing it, and I get out the passenger side, walk around, and guess what I found?
    Out of NOWHERE, my left-back tire was SHREDDED TO NOTHING. Well, I had a spare, so it was okay... Oh, wait... I didn't know how to change a tire! Great, so now I'm stuck on the side of a VERY busy highway with a busted tire. I call mom, and she calls one of dad's friends, and maybe a half-hour later, he shows up behind me, teaches me how to change a tire (surprisingly easy), and sends me on my way.

By this time, I'm REALLY pissed off. I'd already called my boyfriend to bitch twice, not that he answered his phone, of course. Yeah, it's not really nice, but sometimes, I just have to vent, and I can USUALLY rely on him to give me a little encouragement. Not the case today, sadly... Everyone else was in class or at work, so... Fuck.

I go to Starbucks, because I want something awesome to make me feel better. Now, one of my favorite drinks they serve is the Espresso Truffle. It's wonderful- VERY powerful, unique flavor. So, I get it Venti (large, to those of you who might not be Starbucks savvy), iced Espresso Truffle. A child screams and people banter-banter-banter as I wait for my coffee, and when I finally get it, it tastes like SHIT. They obviously made it wrong somehow... At least when the cashier asked how I was, I got an excuse to bitch, so that was nice... She seemed genuinely sorry for me, which was comforting. Anyway, I still drink it, cause it has caffeine which is good for headaches, and dammit, I paid MONEY for that fucker. Thankfully, I got one of those Espresso and Cream double-shots, too, so that kinda makes up for it- it's chilling in the fridge now. I like the little double-shots, not the big energy drinks- with the energy drinks, there's somethin' about 'em that leaves you still tasting all the ridiculous amounts of caffeine and guarana, which don't taste pleasant, kinda like most energy gums and mints. Some of them do a great job of covering, or even complimenting the taste of the energy boosting substances, like those whatchamacall'em mints... Voje or something? They're pretty nice... Starts with a "V," just can't remember the whole thing...

After all that cal that went down today, I've still gotta clean my room, clean up after the dog, and put away the dishes. But hey, one good thing came of it... I now know how to change a tire.

I just wanna sleep... T__T
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfsa315

Phail Morning Empty Re: Phail Morning

Post by Tobi Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 pm

I read this whole thread, and, I do have to say, you're getting good at writing storys.

True storys, but still, This was ENTERTAINING.

Sorry man, the only thing I can say it this

Call ahead next time?
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Tobi wrote:I read this whole thread, and, I do have to say, you're getting good at writing storys.

True storys, but still, This was ENTERTAINING.

Sorry man, the only thing I can say it this

Call ahead next time?
    See, but that would be too logical.
    Zenith
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Why do you always seem to not notice when your classes are canceled and such?
    Shiki
    Shiki
    Element Sensei
    Element Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 706
    Yen : 19700
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfa490

Post by Shiki Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 pm

It's all a clever trick, he doesn't go to school, these posts are just a front to throw the government off from finding out that he is the next Unabomber.
    Zenith
    Zenith

Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Yen : 89500
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfa282

Post by Zenith Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 pm

I KNEW IT.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfsa315

Post by Tobi Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:I KNEW IT.
    Shine
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

Male

Post by Shine Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Lord Ryu wrote:Why do you always seem to not notice when your classes are canceled and such?
    It's not like they send out emails in advance or anything.

Coming in early to Business Law and realizing it was canceled on Monday, I just hadn't paid attention the week before. Coming to Business Law and finding it canceled again on Wednesday wasn't my fault, cause the teacher just took off to an "important meeting."

Yesterday, Mrs. Dunkin didn't say anything about not being around today. I wasn't the only person that came in for nothing that day.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    User's Pokemon : Phail Morning Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Sasami Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Shine wrote:
    Lord Ryu wrote:Why do you always seem to not notice when your classes are canceled and such?
    It's not like they send out emails in advance or anything.

Coming in early to Business Law and realizing it was canceled on Monday, I just hadn't paid attention the week before. Coming to Business Law and finding it canceled again on Wednesday wasn't my fault, cause the teacher just took off to an "important meeting."

Yesterday, Mrs. Dunkin didn't say anything about not being around today. I wasn't the only person that came in for nothing that day.

Your college doesn't have a website with cancellations? o_0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:01 am