Shuten Dojo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.

2 posters

Clarifying a few things real quick...

Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    Rank : Clarifying a few things real quick... Shutenblackg_2964
    User's Pokemon : Clarifying a few things real quick... Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Clarifying a few things real quick... Empty Clarifying a few things real quick...

Post by Sasami Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:15 pm

These are just some things that I felt should be made more clear. If you didn't follow these rules, it's not a big deal, 'cause it's my fault for not explaining more, haha.

Revives vs. Potions- Revives give you a second chance at a challenge after FAILING. You still need to start from the beginning, it's not a re-roll. If you use a Revive, you won't face any penalties for losing the first time. Potions, on the other hand, ARE re-rolls. You can re-do ONE roll. This doesn't mean your whole turn...just one roll. Do NOT re-do your opponent's roll.

Negative Damage- If one Pokemon ends up doing negative damage and the other does 0 damage, the one doing 0 damage wins UNLESS they are doing 0 damage because of a completely failed attack or the opponent dodged. If BOTH Pokemon end up dealing negative damage, consider both damage totals to have been 0. The Pokemon who had the higher roll wins that round.

Set Damage Attacks- "Set Damage Attack" refers to any attack that always causes the same amount of damage. These are usually attacks that cause you to not add on damage from your die roll and therefore never vary. These attacks aren't banned in all challenges, so read the rules of the challenge beforehand to see if you can use them.

Item Usage- You may only use one Potion and one Revive per day per challenge.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    Rank : Clarifying a few things real quick... Shutenbrowng_3415
    User's Pokemon : Clarifying a few things real quick... Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Clarifying a few things real quick... Empty Re: Clarifying a few things real quick...

Post by Tobi Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 pm

So wait.....I did win the E4 thing?

With Pika?

Also, nice to know with the Potions and everything else.

Thanks a ton.
    Sasami
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Yen : 121200
    Rank : Clarifying a few things real quick... Shutenblackg_2964
    User's Pokemon : Clarifying a few things real quick... Dpmfa368
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Clarifying a few things real quick... Empty Re: Clarifying a few things real quick...

Post by Sasami Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Tobi wrote:So wait.....I did win the E4 thing?

With Pika?

Also, nice to know with the Potions and everything else.

Thanks a ton.

I have no idea, I didn't read that post. I'll go check...

Let's see...

So, Blastoise ended up doing 0 damage. You ended up doing negative damage. That would mean Blastoise would win because of this rule:

"If one Pokemon ends up doing negative damage and the other does 0 damage, the one doing 0 damage wins UNLESS they are doing 0 damage because of a completely failed attack or the opponent dodged."

Blastoises' attack didn't completely fail, as Pikachu's ability says that the opponent won't deal any damage...not that Pikachu dodges completely.

Since I know that's the main reason you were using Pikachu to begin with, I'll allow you to re-try that turn with someone else.
    Tobi
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Yen : 37300
    Rank : Clarifying a few things real quick... Shutenbrowng_3415
    User's Pokemon : Clarifying a few things real quick... Dpmfsa315
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Tobi Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 pm

The bad part is, I have nothing else.

You can only use Grass Types or Electric types.

I'mming planing to use Ven on Ryhorn, and the Flower on Blas.

I'll just do it tomorrow then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:45 am